Almost 10 month update

Melissish
on 11/11/13 9:29 am
RNY on 01/28/13
I haven't been on here very often lately, due to working so much, but I thought it was very much time for an update. Two weeks will be my 10 months out from surgery and I have lost 120lbs since I started the whole WLS process in August 2012, and 100 lbs of that is since surgery in Jan 2013. I feel wonderful. I'm down to a size 10 pants and medium tops, and man that was a crazy moment in the store. Here I was trying on 12-14 and they just were not fitting well, my mom said hang on, and grabbed a size 10 jeans, I said no way, put them on and craziness,they fit perfect! Anyway, surprisingly in August found out I was pregnant! What!!! Not expecting that. We were gonna wait until closer to one year out. But we were so happy after five years of marriage never being able to get pregnant, before surgery. Sadly, four weeks ago I went into full labor and delivered our angel at the hospital at 14 weeks gestation. It was the hardest day of my life. I held the baby for hours and cried. I can only imagine what he/she would have been like. Still waiting for the genetic testing to tell us which it was. But it was perfect, long legs and arms, fingernails, perfect lips and eyes. I developed a bacterial infection in my cervix right before that miscarriage and just got on antibiotics the day before we lost it. I am 15 lbs from goal weight and we decided we would just let it all go in God's hands. If we become pregnant agin next month we will be excited but I know I will be very reserved. I had made it to my second trimester last time and felt some relief. Now I know you are never safe. But I will still be happy, just quieter about it this time for a while.The pregnancy was very healthy, and baby was happy and healthy, it died when I was delivering it. We saw it alive and happy on ultrasound when I got to ER. Nothing to do with surgery. We had baby cremated and I carry it in a butterfly urn pendant around my neck daily and that gave me some source of peace, as much as you can get in this situation. Can't wait to get on here and say I'm healthy and pregnant again. Hopefully a Christmas gift? We will see. Just wanted to share my story. Blessings and healthiness to you all!
PetHairMagnet
on 11/11/13 9:40 am
RNY on 05/13/13
I am sorry for your loss, but I would not leave another pregnancy up to God. He likely expects you to keep yourself from being pregnant until your body is healed and you are at least 18 months out so you can adequately nourish your baby and yourself.

All the best to you!

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

april89love
on 11/11/13 9:44 am - NC

So sorry for your loss. My daughter has been through this also and it is so hard.

Sandy

HW 225, SW 219, GW 140, CW 124

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me!  

Melissish
on 11/11/13 9:54 am
RNY on 01/28/13
I was perfectly healthy during my pregnancy. I was well nourished and took all my vitamins, and my levels were good. I am very close to where I want to stay weight wise, 15 lbs and I'm there and I'm not drastically losing weight, and when I ended up being pregnant before, my surgeon said it was okay because I didn't have any complications from surgery and am able to eat and I drink enough. I do not have dumping either. I am leaving it to God. My last miscarriage had nothing to do with my surgery. If I was drastically still dropping weight and having issues, it would be a whole different story. I'm ready to have kids, and feel the healthiest ever. But thanks for the post.
(deactivated member)
on 11/11/13 10:04 am

I am so very sorry for your sad loss. Hugs.

KathyS28
on 11/11/13 10:12 am - MA

hugs to you 

gtrdyfor50
on 11/11/13 10:27 am
RNY on 10/08/13
So very sorry for your loss.

debramontoya
on 11/11/13 11:17 am
RNY on 10/28/13

So sorry for your loss.  Glad to know your doing so well and almost at goal! It's great for me to see, I'm only 2 weeks out so positive stories are awesome.  Thanks for sharing among having such a sad time.

chaly
on 11/11/13 11:20 am
RNY on 11/05/13

I am so sorry for your loss.  17 years back I miscarried my twins at 20 weeks gestational.  It never is easy.  Put your trust in God and He will pull you through this.  My prayers are with you.

Amy

Karen R.
on 11/11/13 11:32 am
RNY on 04/14/13

I'm so very sorry for your loss.

5'4" | Pre Surgery BMI:  40.7 | Current BMI:  20.8 | SW:  237 |  CW:  121 |  GW:  125

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Most Active
Recent Topics