painful pouch

Patricia Green
on 11/12/13 12:35 pm - Memphis, TN
RNY on 11/04/13

I'm 8 days out and I blew it. I ate a boiled egg and its stuck and causing so much pain.  Should I just go make myself throw up or will it pass on its own.  Please help.

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.  

Philippians 4:13

Nerak
on 11/12/13 12:46 pm - Canada

Oh ya - I guess by now you've probably rejected the egg - at 8 days it is far too solid / rubbery. I know I tried it at two weeks and absolutely no way was that going to stay down. I'll try it again at 8 months!

Hope you are feeling better now - go easy on your pouch!

Nerak

Surgery date is Oct. 17th, 2013 in Ottawa. I was referred to the clinic in September 2012. The person performing my surgery is Dr Amy Neville. 

sor09
on 11/12/13 1:01 pm

Okay, I usually do not like to tell people what they already know. I am not going to scold you either. Please be good to your newly altered insides. The surgery is only part of the solution. Eight days out... Mam', be nice to yourself, and follow the menu they gave you post op. You could try some warm water with some seasoning salt (tsp) and meat tenderizer (tsp) to 8  to 12 oz of water to help break down the hard eggs stuff you have eaten. Biggest part is to use a teaspoon for drinking, so you do not get too much in at once. I used a 1 oz cup for drinking, since sipping a little is something you really have to learn post op... since it is about the feeling and not getting air in with your liquids too fast. Also after drinking something warm, lay down for 30 to 45 minutes and you should have some relief. Make sure you are taking your vitamins, chewable vitamins for now and drinking your 64 oz of water which can include the full liquids foods (proteins are first). Take it slowly, and remember what you learned in the bariatric classes. Hope you are feeling better soon.

Patricia Green
on 11/12/13 1:03 pm - Memphis, TN
RNY on 11/04/13

Thanks for your response.  I got relief from rejecting it.  I'm done testing the water.  

Patricia Green
on 11/12/13 1:07 pm - Memphis, TN
RNY on 11/04/13

I feeling much better now.  I knew better....was just trying to see If I could actually eat it.  Got my answer.

cajungirl
on 11/13/13 2:54 am

Glad you feel better.  Eggs can be difficult for some people where others do fine with them.  It was probably too dry for you.....if eggs are on your plan try making an egg salad with some light mayo.  Scrambled may work for you or it may not.

Proximal RNY Lap - 02/21/05

9 years committed ~  100% EWL and Maintaining

www.dazzlinglashesandbeyond.com

debramontoya
on 11/13/13 2:05 am
RNY on 10/28/13

I'm 15 days out and tried an egg on day 9.  Same results.  We're learning our new pouch and it's not always easy.  I live eggs and WANTED them to be something I could eat.  A wls friend suggested hard boil it and add it to chicken or tuna salad, that would make it more moist.  Good luck to you!

Most Active
Recent Topics