Important

JustCK
on 11/18/13 1:22 am

I want to get a consensus, please put the following in order of from most important to least important in regards to what should be your priorities goals for the day. Thanks!

Water, Protein, Vitamins

poet_kelly
on 11/18/13 1:23 am - OH

Water first.  Then protein.  Then vitamins.

We can live quite a while with no protein but not withou****er.

We store  most vitamins in our bodies for a while but we need protein regularly or else we break down muscle to get the amino acids we need.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

JustCK
on 11/18/13 1:27 am

Thanks for your feedback! I'm 5 weeks out and still trying to get into a routine for myself! Trying to get 70grams of protein in seems impossible right now! My pouch only holds 2oz a meal versus their schedule of being able to eat 4-6.

poet_kelly
on 11/18/13 1:28 am - OH

Remember that protein shakes count towards your liquid requirements for the day.  So an eight ounce shake with 20 grams of protein gives you eight ounces of liquid.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Mark W.
on 11/18/13 1:27 am - belle plaine, MN

I use water with my protein shakes and would agree that we cannot live withou****er, but your question is kind of odd. It's almost like asking whether or not it is more important to breathe or to exhale ;) I guess my point is that they are all very important equally in our lives after surgery. We need water, protein and vitamins. Without all of them, we will have negative results and I am sure our bodies will let us know. 

PetHairMagnet
on 11/18/13 10:19 am
RNY on 05/13/13

For my surgeon it was a pretty even hydration/protein and basically if I could not get all my water in because of protein or get all my protein in because of water, to use shakes to do both until I was at a point where I could do more without stressing my pouch OR myself. 

Vitamins...there is no option on priority, IMO. You can take them with food or with water and they need to be done throughout the day without exception as far as I am concerned.

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

JustCK
on 11/19/13 8:00 am

Right now I'm on the powder vitamin that has to be mixed with water, but I find that sometimes I just want plain ol' water! Do you take a swallowable vitamin?

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 362 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 276 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 206 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 22 replies · 300 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 7 replies · 126 views
Recent Topics