Feeling so very thankful

Amelia L.
on 11/30/13 7:09 am
RNY on 08/20/12
On Aug 20, 2012 I had RNY. I started my journey at 482 lbs. Currently I'm at 292 lbs. In 15 1/2 months I've lost 190 lbs. On Wednesday of this week I'm scheduled for a panniculectomy. My doctor is expecting to remove 40 lbs. I feel so fortunate to be alive and healthy (with exception of anemia which is being treated with infusions). My arthritis is less painful. I'm off all meds except vitamins and cymbalta for the joint pain. My blood pressure was stroke level before surgery and is now perfect.
It has not been easy because I still want to eat. I have had to learn to think am I hungry before I eat.
If anyone is one the fence about surgery I can't tell you what to do. I can tell you that I would do it again today, this very moment. I'm thankful for my journey and for the people here who encourage us and give us advice along the way.
Blessings to each of you.

Stacy Sikes
on 11/30/13 7:20 am - OR

Congrats on your weight loss and thank you for sharing with us.

RNY on 12/2/13 with Emma Patterson,    Highest  Weight: 352 ; . Surgery Day: 334

Nerak
on 11/30/13 7:23 am - Canada

SO happy for you and so nice to read the positive outcomes people enjoy!

Nerak

Surgery date is Oct. 17th, 2013 in Ottawa. I was referred to the clinic in September 2012. The person performing my surgery is Dr Amy Neville. 

SteveWebb
on 11/30/13 11:20 pm - NC

Very proud for you.  Thanks for the inspiration.  Hope you continue to do well.

Jeremiah 29:11 " For I know the thoughts that I think towards you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end". 

scoobyluvr1
on 12/1/13 7:39 am
RNY on 10/21/13

What a great success story!  Best of luck with your panni surgery I'm sure you'll do great!   Very happy for you!

~Ronda~  

Can you hear me now? Only on R&R 3.0 PM me for an invite!

Most Active
Recent Topics