2 .5 years out and You CAN do it

Kat Kat
on 12/3/13 12:21 pm - AZ

Hi All,

It’s been awhile since I posted and I wanted to stop in and say howdy to everyone and reassure you that you CAN do it! I have been busy preparing for a 4 month trip to Japan which started on November 14th. As you can see I arrived safely.  I’m working on a remote island (Tanegashima) which is to the south of the main island. You pretty much need to magnify the map to find it. Almost no one here speaks English and the main staples are rice, noodles and lots of fish. I was really concerned that I wouldn’t be able to eat properly, and the last time I tried rice or noodles, it didn’t go very well. I did bring along some protein powder and bars until I got acclimated which came in very handy. I’m happy to report that I have found lots of WLS friendly foods here and I am NEVER hungry. The fruit ad veggies are so fresh and awesome that I will miss them when I go back to the States. The milk only comes in quart containers, but it is plentiful, and although it has a bit of a different taste, it is fresh and very good. Eggs also are very fresh and a lot tastier than Eggbeaters.  I often cook in my apartment, but when I go out I am always able to find lots of items on the menu I can eat whi*****lude chicken, beef and pork. Anyway, I am hoping that this post will let you know that almost no matter what your cir****tance; there is a normal life after WLS. Now I’m off to the beach to explore the caves, and roll up my pant legs to run in the water.

Best to All,

Kat

Oxford Comma Hag
on 12/3/13 12:40 pm, edited 12/3/13 12:40 pm
Right on Kat! Thank you for pointing out we do not all eat bars and powders forever. Enjoy your time in Japan and please take some pictures to share if you are so inclined:-)

I fight badgers with spoons.

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 800-273-8255

Suicidepreventionlifeline.org

Jen Lyn
on 12/3/13 8:54 pm
RNY on 11/11/13

Congratulations! 

If you can find healthy food in a forgeign coutry I guess I can on vacation> LOL!

pamkb
on 12/4/13 1:55 am - Crestview, FL
Excellent adventures await you. Thank you for sharing your positives!

I am creating my own revolution and PAMdemonium reigns!

RNY 11/16/2010

SW 270, CW 155, GW 135

1st 5k time 40:34 (Dec 2013)