post op (tmi warning)

jageneva
on 12/15/13 10:09 am
Well I am just about a week post op. I had my surgery on tuesday. I'm home now and have to say its been a little easier than I thought. Pain is manageable. I constantly worry about drinking and get meds in. But I am sure that's normal and will become used to it soon enough. I have not really had any issues except I was taken off the lovenox shots yesterday due to my period being extremely bad and tons of clots. Plus I'm on day 15 of it. Now I stress about blood clots as I have never had one but I am walking and using the comprrssions when I go to bed. Stress seems to be my only issue. ..other than that loving the choice I made.
averybyrd
on 12/15/13 10:34 am

Good for you! Sounds like you're positive and things are going well. I hope the period thing gets sorted out (I read about that happening from time to time - no fun!)

Lisa87
on 12/15/13 10:35 am
RNY on 12/13/13

I have the same worries about clots

I have had two lovenox shots both at the hospital

Now I have to give them to myself for the next 7 days!

Heather D.
on 12/15/13 11:41 am

I took myself off the Lovenox for the same reason. Bleeding that heavy wasn't right, especially when I have the Mirena in!! Walk often. That's the biggest thing you can do to prevent clots. I'll be 4 weeks post in the morning and still struggle with getting enough fluids. It does get easier, though. 

jageneva
on 12/15/13 11:55 am
Yea I have been walking as much as I can. I just get super worried that I'm losing too much blood but like I said earlier the surgeon said I'm fine and just made me stop the blood thinners. But its scary to me to only have to go to the bathroom cause I feel a clot. I guess more annoying than anything I should say. But trying to stay positive and get my fluids in and walk and rest when I'm exhausted. I do have moments of feeling starved but I make a protein drink and that subsides. I just know that once this period goes away I will be 100% better. Heres to hoping its soon and not a month from now..lol
PetHairMagnet
on 12/16/13 12:50 am
RNY on 05/13/13

My worst (seemingly never ending!) period was the one right after surgery and the next three or four. Then they got to the 'new normal' of much heavier and more than every 28-33 days.-

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 252 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 267 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 314 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 272 views