5 days post-op

lauraeu
on 12/17/13 4:34 am
RNY on 12/12/13

I am slowly but surely surviving hell week and it has been hell. Theres been times that I think I made a huge mistake and shouldn't have had the surgery. I'm finding it so hard to get all my liquids and protein in. The pain hasn't been that unbearable, but I feel so light-headed at times and at times I feel like I'm floating. However my bowels hate me, like for real hate me. I've had a liquid green diarrhea (TMI, I know) ever since day 2 in the hospital. I had no idea this would happen. Theres times I'm afraid to pass gas because I'm afraid I will have an accident on myself.  I can't wait until these few weeks are over and I start to feel like myself again. Its definitely hard.

poet_kelly
on 12/17/13 5:39 am - OH

Yeah, at this point you should never trust a fart!  I had awful diarrhea, too, starting on my second day post op.  It only lasted a couple days though.  Hopefully yours stops soon.  Make sure you drink a LOT while you have diarrhea because you can get dehydrated with that much liquid coming out of you.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

CerealKiller Kat71
on 12/17/13 5:42 am
RNY on 12/31/13

I am scheduled for surgery on New Year's Eve.  I often have diarrhea normally.  I was sort of hoping that anesthesia would make it less likely.  Is diarrhea to be expected post surgery?

poet_kelly
on 12/17/13 5:43 am - OH

My surgeon said it was pretty common right after surgery.  Long term, though, it seems people are more likely to be constipated.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

CerealKiller Kat71
on 12/17/13 8:10 am
RNY on 12/31/13

Thank you.  

"What you eat in private, you wear in public." --- Kat

Stacy Sikes
on 12/17/13 6:36 am - OR
I did not have diarrhea, I still don't being 15 days out. But I did have awful horrid constipation that took a lot of work to get over. So I guess it depends on the body.

RNY on 12/2/13 with Emma Patterson,    Highest  Weight: 352 ; . Surgery Day: 334

danslillady
on 12/17/13 5:47 am

It is hard at first. It's been 3 weeks for me and my days are mostly good. I've been constipated, mostly. 

HW: 274 SW: 241  CW: 149 --- 5'6 (Surgery date 11/26/2013)

scoobyluvr1
on 12/17/13 6:06 am
RNY on 10/21/13

Hang in there.  It will get better.  It gets easier to get your liquid and proteins in as time goes on.   I'm sorry your having such a terrible time with your bowels I hope it gets better soon.

~Ronda~  

Can you hear me now? Only on R&R 3.0 PM me for an invite!

Lovetocruz
on 12/17/13 7:05 am - Nashville, NC

My date was dec 10, and I share your feelings.  Surgery has gone very well, but the diet is so unbearable.  I have found that tomato soup diluted with skim milk is good, so that is my daily treat, but I have a boat load of commercial protein drinks i'm getting ready to pitch!

lauraeu
on 12/17/13 9:11 am
RNY on 12/12/13
Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 339 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 373 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 337 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 22 replies · 249 views