over doing it

jageneva
on 12/20/13 5:58 am
So I'm almost two weeks post op. Monday which was day six post op I felt good so went and did some shopping. Tuesday I started feeling like crap. Yesterday I woke up with a fever and had to go get a chest xray. Nothing but a cold but I have felt like crap for days. My advice rest and relax and allow yourself to heal.
PetHairMagnet
on 12/20/13 7:26 am
RNY on 05/13/13

There is a lot of nasty illness going on around here now. I would doubt your surgery had anything to do with getting sick, you just happen to have both your RNY recovery and illness at the same time. Feel better soon!

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

april89love
on 12/20/13 8:59 am - NC

I can tell you from experience that my immune system was very sluggish for at least 6 months after surgery. I had adhesions removed and a intestinal blockage repaired at the same time as rny. It took forever for the slightest boo boo to heal. You really need to take care of yourself and make sure you get enough protein. I had a really hard time getting in protein and I know that heavily contributed to the slow healing.

Sandy

HW 225, SW 219, GW 140, CW 124

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me!  

MyLady Heidi
on 12/21/13 2:20 am

You didn't over do anything, you caught a cold.  Sitting around after surgery is unhealthy, walking is the best medicine for recovery from surgery. 

What was the result of the chest xray?  Better to have a cold then a blood clot.

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 261 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 274 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 318 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 276 views