1st Post-Op

lauraeu
on 12/20/13 3:45 am
RNY on 12/12/13

So I have my 1st post-op appt and I have lost 11 lbs. However, I have became tachycardic since my surgery. I was d/c on the 15th and my HR was 115 but with no symptoms.  I had an ER visit on the 18th because my heart felt like it was going to thump out of my chest, tightness, and pain. My HR was 133 upon arrival and once I was discharged it was 108. Today at my appt, it was up in the 120s and still that tightness. My dr sent me to a cardiologist to have it checked out. I have to have an echo, but he thinks that it is just the combination of not having my Celexa while I was in the hospital, the stress on my body, and losing weight so rapidly.  Anyone else ever have this issue? I had a CT in the ER and there are no clots or anything, and my EKG showed NSR. 

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 12/20/13 9:11 am - OH

I have ever had heart issues, but my father did.  A clear CT and a normal sinus rhythm sounds pretty encouraging.  This surgery, even if done laparoscopically, is major surgery and, combined with the almost non-existent nutrition post-op, it does place a great deal of physical stress on your body.

Can I ask, though, why you did not receive your Celexa while in the hospital?  Every time I have been hospitalized for more than just a single night, they have always asked me about my meds, dosages, and prescribing physician, and given me the meds each day. Missing one dose isn't a big deal, but stopping Celexa cold turkey for several days can, indeed, cause a number of physical issues.

It sounds like your doctor is on top of things.  Hopefully, your echocardiogram will also come out normal.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

lauraeu
on 12/20/13 9:22 am
RNY on 12/12/13
I don't know why they didnt give me my Celexa. I probably shouldve asked for it, but that was the last thing on my mind.

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 338 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 372 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 335 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 22 replies · 249 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 7 replies · 104 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?