Clear liquid diet and migraine

SkinnyScientist
on 12/26/13 11:32 pm

HI all,

First of all, I want to start out with today I am awake, alive and grateful to be blessed with the tremenoudous (sp) bounty and wealth of food that we have in this country.

Yesterday, I started the first day of my liquid/clear diet. I succeeded however I developed a screaming headache (felt like a sword was stuck behind my right eye and thru my head) that went on from 2-???  I also got sick to my stomach and threw up due to the lack of anything..solid ...floating around in there.

I sniffed the grape juice and the smell is what put me over the edge.

Since I didnt want to take anything this close to surgery, I just went to sleep. I woke up at 4 am refreshed.

So now starts the chicken broth (and diluted cranberry juice) of day 2.   I will make a point of not stopping to smell either.

Did any of you get an upset stomach at the clear broth/clear foods dieet stage PRE-op?

RNY Surgery: 12/31/2013; 

Current weight (2/27/2015) 139lbs, ~14% body fat

Three pounds below Goal!!! Yay !  

poet_kelly
on 12/26/13 11:42 pm - OH

I didn't do clear liquids pre op.  I was just on full liquids for five days.  I don't remember my stomach being upset, though.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Karen518
on 12/27/13 1:04 am

Are you a regular caffeine consumer?  Could it be from caffeine withdrawl?

SkinnyScientist
on 12/27/13 2:57 am

Karen and Angel,

I think you hit the nail on the head. I only had one cup of tea (for caffeine) earlier that morning. So probably was a withdrawl.

angeleigh
on 12/27/13 2:09 am - angier, NC
RNY on 09/17/12

Chances are your body is having withdrawals from carbs, caffeine, and other things that we crave. It gets better by day 3. I didnt have to do but 2 days of clear liquids but I did have to do 2 weeks of liquids. With the liquid diet, its pretty much liquid in liquid out as far as BM. Just keep drinking plenty of water, you can even do clear protein drinks.

How long do you have to do the clear liquid diet?

Follow me on Pinterest!  SW/254 HW/276 CW/142  

Pictures: Pre-op, 1 year post op, 2 years post op.

SkinnyScientist
on 12/27/13 2:58 am

3 days.  I did an extra day just to be sure that he would have all the room that he needed and that everything that was in there...got out...

SkinnyScientist
on 12/27/13 10:42 am

Angel!  THanks for telling me the liquid in...liquid out for BMs. Initially I thought that meant that I would have a higher urine output. Ummm..No.

Thanks for preparing me for that, otherwise I would have wondered if I was sick or soemthing.

:)

Thanks guys. You are awesome help!

martitalinda
on 12/27/13 6:44 am

I did not have to do a liquid diet or any kind of diet pre-op thank goodness ... as long as you give it your best shot you are on top of the game ... keep on doing the best you can for before you know it this step will be behind you... remember we have all those sewing projects to look forward to :)

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

autumnsiggy2RNY 2/5/07 no regain having implemented lifestyle changes....

SkinnyScientist
on 12/27/13 10:48 am

Oh thank you!

I have a cape to start/finish for my cold office.  A colleague liked the apron that I made for the future hubby so much, she mentioned/hinted she needed one, so I told her that I would make it for her. I figure those two things should keep me out of the kitchen and mind off any pain.

Also, my future MIL send me an article that said crafts such as needlework, crocheting, and knitting are akin to medition in terms of the area of the brain it sets off. Something about the repetative motion. Anyway, so when we head off to do our arts and crafts and "find our bliss"..we are just practicing a different form of meditation.

I dont know about you..but if I have raging anger...and sew or meditate for an hour. I generally end up calmer.

Kathiestephens55
on 12/27/13 7:23 am
RNY on 01/07/14

I have been on the supplements for 11 days. Today I experienced nausea and dry heaves for about five minutes. I'm scheduled for RNY surgery January 7. When do you have your surgery and what type are you having?

Most Active
Recent Topics
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 27 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 293 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 297 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 338 views