Oh My Lord! (I've lost 100 lbs.)

Karen R.
on 12/30/13 1:59 pm
RNY on 04/14/13

Happy holidays, everyone!  I've been in the States ****il last night) and chin deep in family stuff, so I haven't been online for the last 10-12 days.  I had a great time visiting.  The only downside to being away was that my kitty passed unexpectedly.  Dudley was only 13 years old and, from what I could tell, in perfect health.  My petsitter found him curled up in his litterbox.  He was already gone.  My sis, who is a vet, kept telling me that it was a good thing, that he went quickly, and I know she's right.  But I never got to say goodbye to him.  So that's kind of a bummer.  Here's a pic of my handsome boy.  I'll miss him.

On the plus side, I bought a lot of clothes.  :-)  They range in size from 6 to a (freakin'!) 0.  It's mental, there's no two ways around it.  By and large, I now wear a size 4 in dress pants and a size 2 in jeans.  When I started this journey, I was squeezing myself into a size 20.

I didn't eat very well while away.  My calorie count was never that out of control, but I didn't put protein first and there were way too many carbs.  That changes this morning.  I'm back to tracking and being smart about my food choices.  I wound up losing two pounds while with my family, however (not bad for 8-1/2 months out).  That brings my total to 100 lbs. gone.  Crazy.

My family reacted positively to the weight loss, as I'd hoped they would.  However, my sis and nieces don't want me to lose any more.  I told them I've got about 12 pounds left to go (to reach my original goal).  They worry I look a little drawn.  I said that would all even out once my body has a chance to adjust.  I'm not sure they believe me.

My favorite weight-loss related moment of my holiday?  When my brother-in-law, who I've known since we were both in our teens, wanted to maneuver around me in the kitchen.  He came up behind me and murmured, "Out of the way, pixie."  Pixie?  Me?  It made me smile.  :-)

I hope Santa was good to everyone.  Here's to a spectacular 2014.

5'4" | Pre Surgery BMI:  40.7 | Current BMI:  20.8 | SW:  237 |  CW:  121 |  GW:  125

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

PetHairMagnet
on 12/30/13 4:24 pm
RNY on 05/13/13
On December 30, 2013 at 9:59 PM Pacific Time, Karen R. wrote:

Happy holidays, everyone!  I've been in the States ****il last night) and chin deep in family stuff, so I haven't been online for the last 10-12 days.  I had a great time visiting.  The only downside to being away was that my kitty passed unexpectedly.  Dudley was only 13 years old and, from what I could tell, in perfect health.  My petsitter found him curled up in his litterbox.  He was already gone.  My sis, who is a vet, kept telling me that it was a good thing, that he went quickly, and I know she's right.  But I never got to say goodbye to him.  So that's kind of a bummer.  Here's a pic of my handsome boy.  I'll miss him.

On the plus side, I bought a lot of clothes.  :-)  They range in size from 6 to a (freakin'!) 0.  It's mental, there's no two ways around it.  By and large, I now wear a size 4 in dress pants and a size 2 in jeans.  When I started this journey, I was squeezing myself into a size 20.

I didn't eat very well while away.  My calorie count was never that out of control, but I didn't put protein first and there were way too many carbs.  That changes this morning.  I'm back to tracking and being smart about my food choices.  I wound up losing two pounds while with my family, however (not bad for 8-1/2 months out).  That brings my total to 100 lbs. gone.  Crazy.

My family reacted positively to the weight loss, as I'd hoped they would.  However, my sis and nieces don't want me to lose any more.  I told them I've got about 12 pounds left to go (to reach my original goal).  They worry I look a little drawn.  I said that would all even out once my body has a chance to adjust.  I'm not sure they believe me.

My favorite weight-loss related moment of my holiday?  When my brother-in-law, who I've known since we were both in our teens, wanted to maneuver around me in the kitchen.  He came up behind me and murmured, "Out of the way, pixie."  Pixie?  Me?  It made me smile.  :-)

I hope Santa was good to everyone.  Here's to a spectacular 2014.

I am so sorry for the loss of your beautiful kitty! Otherwise, it seems like a fantastic  update from Christmas!  YAY YOU on reaching 100 lbs lost. WHOO HOO!

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

Lessoflinda
on 12/30/13 6:36 pm - NY

So sorry re: your kitty.

Linda, Endwell, NY RNY 11/5/12

Mary Catherine
on 12/30/13 7:22 pm

So sorry about Dudley. 

So happy about everything else.

The Salty Hag
on 12/30/13 9:22 pm
RNY on 05/20/13

Awesome job on getting to 100 lbs gone!! 

I'm very sorry about Dudley. I'm sure he was a wonderful companion. Hugs going out to you. 

I woke up in between a memory and a dream...

Tom Petty

(deactivated member)
on 12/30/13 10:05 pm

I am so sorry for the loss of your kitty.It is great you had a good visit with your family.I can't imagine what it feels like to lose and put those small sizes on.That's good you were able to shop here.I am sure it was a lot cheaper than where you live now.Happy New Year.

cajungirl
on 12/30/13 11:23 pm

Oh Karen, sorry to read about Dusty. 

Congrats on hitting the Century mark.  You need to take some comparison pictures and post them!

Proximal RNY Lap - 02/21/05

9 years committed ~  100% EWL and Maintaining

www.dazzlinglashesandbeyond.com

_nicky_
on 12/31/13 12:31 am - OK
RNY on 06/25/13

So sorry about your kitty. It's so difficult losing a pet. 

Congratulations on the amazing weight loss though! Sounds like you're doing wonderful. :)

5'6"   HW: 297   SW: 274   CW: 194   GW: 135

Total loss: 103 lbs    Surgery loss: 80 lbs    Left to lose: 59 lbs

Sack
on 12/31/13 12:34 am
Sorry for the loss of your Dudley, I know you will miss him.
Sounds like you had a great Holiday. Good job on reaching your 100 lbs loss goal! May you be a "Pixie" always!

RNY    

SteveWebb
on 12/31/13 4:17 am - NC

Sorry about your cat.  I have two dogs that make me want to yell yabbadabbadoooo when I get home because of all their kisses and affection they show me.  Wouldn't want to have to live without them being part of the family.  I feel like Fred Flintstone when I get home.  You have done great on your weight loss and hope you have a great 2014

Jeremiah 29:11 " For I know the thoughts that I think towards you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end". 

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 159 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 248 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 302 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 261 views