Stomach growling

queenbmamafranks
on 1/1/14 6:23 am
RNY on 12/19/13

My stomach has been growling for 2 days. LOUD. it has been so loud we were sitting watching tv and my husband heard it. He looked at me and was so sad. He said awww are you hungry?!? I told him I did not feel hungry but my stomach sure was letting me know it wanted food. This was high in my belly not the lower part. It has been acting the same today. I can say I do not feel hungry but I've been ready to eat when it's time for my meals. Not like a few days ago when I had to force my self to eat my meals.

(deactivated member)
on 1/1/14 6:28 am

My stomach does the same thing sometimes.I feel like there is a bear in my belly.It is a major change towards your body.

gtrdyfor50
on 1/1/14 6:41 am
RNY on 10/08/13
Goes on for a long time, almost three months out and mine is crazy sometimes.

melissa_musicjunkie
on 1/1/14 9:33 am
RNY on 08/01/13

Mine seems to growl more after I eat....really loudly. Digesting, I guess. :)

Melissa - RNY 8/1/13 :)

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 1/1/14 9:52 am - OH

It is actually your intestines that are making the noises, not your stomach or pouch, and it may have absolutely nothing to do with your "stomach" wanting to be fed. Sometimes just liquids can cause the noises.  A lot of people find that the noise fades over time.  Mine did, but every now and then (especially if I eat processed carbs like pretzels) mine will act up and growl like crazy.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

65rosesmom
on 1/1/14 10:39 am

Mine still makes crazy noises.  It is usually unrelated to actually be hungry and tends to happen around an hour after eating.

Heather   Mom to 3  
Surgery August 9, 2012
HW = 225, SW= 205, CW 135 

PetHairMagnet
on 1/1/14 11:10 am
RNY on 05/13/13

My innards make noise frequently. It has been loud enough to be heard on a conference call before. My husband and I sound like we have a hamster circus in our bellies when we are going down the road and the car is otherwise quiet! But it has nothing to do with hunger or meal timing as far as we can tell. 

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

lptazbear66
on 1/1/14 1:13 pm - Murfreesboro, TN

I am  3.5 yrs post op and still get the loud noises.  Sometimes it is worse after eating bad carbs (1 Olive Garden breadstick most recently) and boy did my insides let me, and everyone around me, know it was not happy.  It can be very embarrassing. 

RNY at Vanderbilt Nashville, TN July 26, 2010 with Dr Clements. All loss is post op        
Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 252 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 269 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 314 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 272 views