My life 3 weeks post op

Lisa87
on 1/3/14 10:07 am
RNY on 12/13/13

First of all, I am feeling awesome! My incisions are healing nicely. I have little discomfort bending , twisting, sleeping, etc....I have yet to make goal with my liquids or proteins, but I am gaining and getting close. Vitamin schedule is good and I am getting them all in. So glad I was able to order a lot that were chewable. My only capsule is a dry vitamin d. 

Today was the first time I ventured out on my own. I went to the store and picked up supplies- It's gonna get cold and snowy here in Indiana. Went to CVS for 2 more pill organizers. I am gearing to go back to work and wanted to have one for everyday of the work week. Then I came home and for the first time since surgery, I made my family dinner! I felt good about doing it. I wasn't hungry so it was easy not to want any. I just made pork tacos and all the fixin's.

My supper consisted of 1 oz of mashed potatoes and 1 oz of cheddar cheese.

My son raved about those tacos and it made me feel good! 

With that being said, I am not going back into the kitchen full time. Somehow my husband and I are going to have to work something out. They have done great on their own for the past 2 weeks! So I am sure we will. I know I am addicted to food. That's why I ended up the way I did, I don't want to tempt myself or stress myself out about shopping and cooking, etc.......

So that's it! 3 weeks, 21 days, since I changed my life for the better!!!!!

Lisa87 

5'4"

queenbmamafranks
on 1/3/14 10:47 am
RNY on 12/19/13

So glad to hear you are doing so well. I also have been making my family dinner. They have been easy dinners but I am making them. My son said one day, "Mama, I'm ready for you to cook dinner. I miss your cooking." Well that's all I had to hear and I was cooking again. Tonight I fixed buffalo wings, Bob Evans Mac and cheese, and Bob Evans mashed potatoes. Nothing I really had to "cook" but they are glad I'm back in the kitchen. I ate 1 oz of mashed potatoes and 1 oz of cheddar cheese also. Great minds think alike!

i feel awesome. My energy level is high. Pain is gone except I baby my left side just to be on the cautious side. I am 15 days post op. I am very close to reaching my protein goal. I get most of my vitamins in but sometimes I forget my bedtime ones. Now that carafate I forget a dose almost every day. Ugh... 

Lisa87
on 1/3/14 10:59 am
RNY on 12/13/13

I know that CARAFATE drives me nuts!

So I would forget too! This is what I started today- 

I took 10 of those medicine cups they brought out meds in at the hospital-

I put four of them on the bottle each morning- When I take a dose I write down the time 

At the end of the day all four cups should be gone! 

Hope that helps you! I had to do something! Do you know how long we have to take that? I can't remember, I was so overwhelmed when I left the hospital! And what about the OMPREZOLE? 

I see the doctor on Wednesday- my first pre op appointmen! I hope the weather is good. 

You sound happy in your post! I hope that smile has returned! Maybe we will bump into each other at St. Vincent's! Take care! I sent you a message.... Hope you got it! 

queenbmamafranks
on 1/3/14 11:16 am
RNY on 12/19/13

My carafate came in 3 large bottles and there are 3 refills! So it will prob be a long time, sister! The cups sound like a good idea. I thought about putting a bottle next to my bed so I would maybe remember to take it right before I went to bed and then take it as soon as I woke up. Did you realize we are supposed to take it an hour before we eat? I just read the bottle this morning and noticed that. I've been taking it right before my meals.

yes I got your message. Let me know how your appointment goes. I see him on the 15th. Maybe we could meet up sometime. And yes I am smiling again those first 10 days for me were rough. Total shock. I'm getting bored with the food but I know this will just be a short time.

Lisa87
on 1/3/14 11:37 am
RNY on 12/13/13

My food consists of cream of wheat, plain greek yogurt, mashed potatoes, chicken and beef broth, smashed beans with cheese melted in, creamed soups, cottage cheese, I have been using milk mixed with dry milk to drink and make stuff with, applesauce, sf jello, sf pudding, premier protein. I like being limited, but I do miss meat and eggs.

My carafate came in 3 big bottles too! I was shocked. I saw that we still have 3 more refills! It is hard to fit in with everything else! 

I will for sure let you know how the first appointment goes. I am glad you are smiling again! I am worried about going back to work. Trying to prepare for that transition. Probably will lose my smile next week! LOL

rvtisme
on 1/3/14 12:31 pm
RNY on 12/16/13

Do you know if you HAVE to take the carafate? I was prescribed pepcid 2x a day, but am only taking 1x, since I felt I wasn't having a problem with acid reflux. Now I wonder, if there is another reason I was told to take 2x..... I hate when I have questions, on a Friday night, since I can't call my doc's office till Monday. Mine also came with 3 refills.

:(

HW: 355, SW 314.2, GW: 165 - Surgery Date 12/16/13

dawnpsmith
on 1/3/14 2:28 pm

omeprazole is to prevent ulcers, not to help you with acid reflux. very important to avoid ulcers.  ulcers in bariatric patients are painful and very difficult to cure.

rvtisme
on 1/4/14 1:17 am
RNY on 12/16/13

Thank you very much for the response. I should have known there was a reason they were prescribed.

renee

HW: 355, SW 314.2, GW: 165 - Surgery Date 12/16/13

martitalinda
on 1/3/14 9:32 pm

CONGRATS on an awesome 21 day transition ... best wishes on your continued journey...

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

autumnsiggy2RNY 2/5/07 no regain having implemented lifestyle changes....

Kim B.
on 1/4/14 1:07 am - Kennedy, AL
RNY on 12/17/13

Hi!  Congrats on your transition!  I will be 3 weeks post op on Tuesday the 7th.  Not sure how things are going compared to anyone else, but I feel pretty good and everything seems to be healing normally.  I have been worried that my weight loss has stalled already.  I lost 19 lbs the first 6 days and only maybe 5 since then.  I have been trying to read up on possible causes because I thought maybe I was getting too much carbs or something.  What I have read is that my protein intake directly affects my weight loss and I didn't know this.  It also directly affects hair loss/thinning which is another BIG reason I need to fight the protein shakes down.  I just can't seem to like them at all.  How are you getting all of your protein in? 

Thanks!

Kim

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 255 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 269 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 314 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 272 views