Revised from Band to Bypass gotta question

moonandstarzz
on 1/6/14 12:14 pm - Decatur, AL
Revision on 12/18/13

On dec 18th 2013 I did a revision from lapband to bypass due to complications with band. I will be 3 wks out this wednesday, today for the first time I got suck and got sick (hopefully didnt cause anything bad to happen) But I was wondering roughly what amts I should be eating, I am on the pureed stage and have been cooking roast alot with carrots and putting in the processor so that i have alot of protein and doing a boiled egg and some crab meat pureed with a lil mayo for breakfast or lunch, but Im unsure on how much i should consume at a time. I go to my dr tomorrow for my 2 wk checkup even tho im 3 wks (going into the 4th) and wil get his opinion but was wondering if yall could give me some advice.

Jevika
on 1/6/14 12:42 pm
RNY on 12/13/13

This is how I look at it.  My stomach, post-op is about 2 - 3 oz in size for the first 3-6 weeks. So, I weight everything out and have been visually keeping the idea that 1 medicine cup is 1 oz. So i need to eat 1-2 medicine cups worth of food, very slowly without drinking. :)   I got food stuck 3 days ago when I accidentally sneezed and swallowed a piece of tofu without any chewing. It was awful, but I managed to get through it.

Keeping with the 2oz every 30m-1hour might work for you as you get used to your new tummy. :)

moonandstarzz
on 1/6/14 2:15 pm - Decatur, AL
Revision on 12/18/13

Ty for the reply, it seems like no one really replies alot to newbies, i think on my first post i had one reply with a welcome and that was it, and then this is my 2nd post and so far just you. I know when I was on the clear liquids and full liquids it was saying like 2 oz every few hrs up to 6x, I actually just found my sample menu for the phase 3 and it says as a sample

Breakfast 1 scrabled egg

snack 8 oz skim milked with 1 scoop of protein powder

lunch 1/4-1/2 cup cottage cheese

snack (same as above snack)

Dinner 1-3oz of blended meat (chicken, fish)

I will talk more to dr tomorrow. I really do appreciate the reply.

QoftheU
on 1/6/14 3:17 pm - Bay Area/Silicon Valley, CA
Revision on 12/18/13
I had my band to RNY on the same day as you!
First off, I have been told NO red meat, or tomatoes for four months. Our new tiny tummies can't handle them yet... to hard to digest and too acidic.
Secondly, how sloooooow are you eating? Gotta take it WAY down and chew the hell outa everything.
Third, how MUCH are you eating? I'm restricted to 1/4 cup three times a day with two small PROTEIN snacks. 1/4 cup is FINE with me - if I eat any more - like I accidentally did the other day cuz I really thought I could accurately "eye-ball" what a 1/4 cup looks like (I cannot as it turns out), and while I didn't feel nauseous, I DID feel waaaaay too full - uncomfortable really is more like it.
Finally - this is time to get creative - go to eggface.com and read her recipes! Tonight I gently baked some chicken breasts, then chopped them all up, and mixed them with black refried beans (fat free) and a little low fat shredded cheese. Popped a 1/4 cup into muffin tins, threw them in the freezer, and tomorrow will pop them out, throw them into a freezer bag, and voila', instant protein in a small package. Easy to take to work too! Once I can put salsa on it I'm gonna be one happy camper!
Hope that helps - I'm a researching maniac so let me know if you have any more questions!

Leslie - Band Revision to RNY - best thing ever!   HW: 234   SW: 222  CW: Ticker  GW: 130

moonandstarzz
on 1/6/14 4:16 pm - Decatur, AL
Revision on 12/18/13

Ya i been a subscriber to eggface for a very long time, i made her red and green pot chili and the roast was on her pureed list (well except this last time i chopped up a sweet potato for my husband) I eat very very slow, due to too many years having the band and getting sick. I hadnt been told no red meat, but i will ask tomorrow, I had been doing fine with the roast until earlier but i think its cause I have been sick with a cold. I been putting my stuff in the processor to puree it (per my drs phase 3 stage on diet) I also think it was cause thats the one time i forgot and took a drink of my water and it caused it to get stuck....How are u doing with ur revision?

poet_kelly
on 1/6/14 8:12 pm - OH

You didn't get a meal plan from your surgeon or dietician that told you how much to eat at a time?  I was eating about 1/4 cup at a time in the beginning, but you should have a meal plan that tells you what your doc recommends.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

karenp8
on 1/6/14 10:41 pm - Brighton, IL

My doctor recommenDed 1/4 cup per meal at that stage. It's so important too to chew chew chew. We were told at least thirty times per small bite. It will get easier,I promise!

moonandstarzz
on 1/7/14 5:01 am - Decatur, AL
Revision on 12/18/13

i posted my samply menu that my dr office gave me in one of my replies.  I went to dr today and I have lost the 17 lbs i estimated, dr said im doing great, he also put me on vitamin d cause mine is super low it was like 12 and suppose to be 50.

dragonlove
on 1/7/14 5:46 am
RNY on 11/20/13

Try greek yogurt as a snack.  My nut recommented it because it has 12 g protein instead of the 6-7 normal yogurt has.

Pam (RNY: 11/20/2013)

moonandstarzz
on 1/7/14 6:19 am - Decatur, AL
Revision on 12/18/13

im trying to find one i like, i know i dont like the chobani, i think i liked the oikos but im worried about the sugar in them, cause of my RNY.  I tried to use the Fage 2% (i think its unflavored) that eggface uses in a lot of her recipes but I didnt like the taste :( Do you have any recommendations of any that taste good and dont have the sour taste to them.  I been buying the lite yogurt for snacks, until i can find one of the greeks i like.

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 332 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 370 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 330 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 21 replies · 209 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 7 replies · 100 views
Recent Topics