NEVER order from bariatriceating.com!

Dcgirl
on 1/6/14 10:36 pm - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

I am going to cross-post this in a few forums, since whether we are pre-op or post-op, this is relevant to us all.

We all know the commitment that goes into having WLS.  

Time-wise:Numerous appointments (an informational seminar, an endoscopy, an exercise test, a psychiatric evaluation, surgeon appointments, nutrition classes for 3 or 6 months, pre-op testing, EKG, a full physical) and sometimes more!

Then, you have to take a week or two or more off of work for the actual surgery.

Money-wise: Eating a healthy high protein diet is NOT cheap.  Shakes are costly, and we often have to try numerous brands and flavors to find shakes we like.  Lean meat is significantly more expensive than processed carbs.  My insurance only covered 90% so I had to pay $1,200 before I even had the procedure.

I have to just tell you about the terrible experience I have had with bariatriceating.com.  This is a personal experience, and some of you may say "I love them" but if you plan to order from this site, I want you to go in with eyes wide open.  I have ordered protein drinks and powders from GNC, Amazon, and bariatriceating.com.  Well I just got a package from bariatriceating.com and realized I didn't want/need the powder I had ordered.  I asked for a return shipping address so I can send it back.  I figured I would have to pay return shipping and I was willing to do so.  However, I receieve this reply:

"Your order of protein was $71.00. You will pay $10 in shipping to return it. Then we’ll deduct 25% restocking; $18. You will only receive back $43."

I have never heard of a 25% restocking fee.  Not even for electronics.  This is highway robbery, in my opinion.  I have returned protein powder to amazon and there was no restocking fee at all.  I wanted to share this story so you would all avoid having this same experience happen.  WLS is hard enough without having a company rip you off.  

poet_kelly
on 1/6/14 10:43 pm - OH

You're lucky to get any type of refund from her.  Actually, you're lucky you received the item you ordered and paid for.  Many, many people have ordered from that company and never received their product.  The owner of the company has had legal troubles due to not paying taxes related to her business and not sending out products people ordered and paid for.  I would never order from her.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Dcgirl
on 1/6/14 10:50 pm - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Oh Kelly, how I wish I knew!  Not only do they charge a restocking fee BUT they initally wouldn't even offer that, and were emailing me, "You likely ordered this because you need to lose weight.  This is the best protein powder.  I personally got an active dog to walk to help me with my weight loss".  Are you freaking kidding me?  I will post this message every week just to make sure newbies don't fall into that trap.  What poor, poor, poor customer service.  Thanks for weighin in on this (no pun intended!).

poet_kelly
on 1/6/14 10:53 pm - OH

Check this out.  Seriously, you'll be lucky if you even get the partial refund.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

PetHairMagnet
on 1/7/14 3:51 am
RNY on 05/13/13
On January 7, 2014 at 6:53 AM Pacific Time, poet_kelly wrote:

Check this out.  Seriously, you'll be lucky if you even get the partial refund.

Agreed! And if you paid by credit card and the restocking fee was not clearly stated, I'd fight that tooth and nail via dispute! She is an awful, awful person from what I can tell!

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

TXKashmir
on 1/6/14 11:17 pm - Grand Prairie, TX

Wow - I have heard all the stories of poor customer service, but this is downright rude! How unprofessional! Thank you for the warning!

Debbie
Keeping track of my progress without a scale...Starting size: 28-Current size: 6-Goal size: 14

sand SAND...it's not a club...it's a frame of mind...

SteveWebb
on 1/6/14 10:55 pm - NC

Thanks DCgirl and Kelly.  I will know to stay away from this schister! Hope you get the protein you need from somewhere else. I'm fortunate my weight center is selling Bariatric advantage now for the same price as internet.  

Jeremiah 29:11 " For I know the thoughts that I think towards you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end". 

Laura in Texas
on 1/6/14 11:02 pm

Yep. She has a long history of this. I think at one point she did actually mail out orders but then something must have happened.

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

cajungirl
on 1/7/14 3:22 am

Years ago I would buy from her.  She was one of the view that sold Achieve One RTD protein which IMO was the bomb. 

I repeated had to tell her to quit sending me her sales via email.  Thankfully I never lost money from her since the Achieve One formula was changed and sucked prior to her financial issues.

Proximal RNY Lap - 02/21/05

9 years committed ~  100% EWL and Maintaining

www.dazzlinglashesandbeyond.com

chris_ruff
on 1/7/14 2:23 am
RNY on 04/07/09 with

unfortunately you are not the first to have problems with this company. they are known for poor customer service. stay away! you just learned a $71 lesson. chalk it up to experience.

--Christina
Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 257 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 270 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 314 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 272 views