What's on the menu today, RNYers?

Dcgirl
on 1/10/14 4:31 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

For the first time all week, I deviated from my usual "turkey, chicken, turkey, egg, turkey" menu that I have been adhering to all week, since I leave town on Sunday for 6 days and hate to throw away food!

So here is my (slightly less boring) day's menu tomorrow.  I love reading what y'all are having so keep the good ideas coming!

Time since surgery: 4 weeks this coming Monday

Breakfast: 2 oz. Wegman's 98% fat free turkey breast, 1 oz. pepperjack cheese

Lunch: Tuna tartare with grilled avocado - so freaking delicious - from this incredible restaurant near my office in downtown DC.  I ate half of the appetizer, so I estimate that was about 3 oz.  The rest is waiting in my fridge but not sure if I can eat it tomorrow.

Dinner: It's gonna have to be leftover egg salad.  I feel too guilty throwing it away and making something from the freezer.

Snacks: If I am hungry for one, I brought an Applewood Turkey OS Trim jerky stick, that I ordered on amazon and have been meaning to try.  I am bringng them on my business trip next week so I hope I like them!  Each one has 90 calories, 2g carb and 14g protein.  Not bad for a snack on the go :)

Today's totals: 500 calories, 8g of carbs, 50g of protein.  Ok, reading that makes me realize I should have the tuna for a snack!  Not enough protein.

Exercise - sadly none planned today - I am packing tonight for my week in Cali and I have to (ok, "have to" might be dramatic) get a pedicure since it's 30 degrees here and 75 degrees in LA.  On track for vitamins and fluids.

Happy Friday, everyone!

Kenyatta W.
on 1/10/14 4:45 am - Indianapolis, IN
RNY on 01/07/13

Hey DcGirl!!!

Time since surgery: 1 yr 3 days

Breakfast: protein coffee, 1 boiled egg, 1 slice turkey bacon

Snack 1: 6 slices cucumber, 1/4 cup hummus

Lunch: 1/3 cup tuna salad, 1/8 cup shredded sharp cheese

Dinner: same as lunch

Snack 2: 1/4 cup peanuts

Today's total: 830 Cals, Protein 63 grams, Carbs 23 grams

Vitamins and fluids are on track. No exercise.

~Kenyatta"....Nothing never changes itself, Unless YOU make it...."

HW: 305 SW: 272 CW: 150  GW: 150

BMI Finally in Over Weight range..... ECSTATIC!!!!!

Dcgirl
on 1/10/14 4:59 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Hi Kenyatta!  I like your spirit - you always come across super friendly in posts :)  What is this protein coffee everyone has?  I used to have two coffees every single day but gave it up pre-op.  Post op, I have had one decaf coffee.  It was delicious.  How can I make it protein packed?  Add unflavored protein powder, or even vanilla protein powder?  It seems to curdle when I add it to hot liquids.  Do I need to make a sludge in lukewarm water and then add the coffee slowly?  Thanks!

Kenyatta W.
on 1/10/14 5:27 am - Indianapolis, IN
RNY on 01/07/13

Well thank you!!! =)

A lot of members use Click coffee which is protein coffee and you can order it from Amazon or their web page but it is cheaper on Amazon. How I make my protein coffee is by adding either unflavored or vanilla protein powder. In order for your protein to not clump up in your coffee,  first you need to mix your protein powder with a little water or mil****il it is a silky paste then you just mix it in with your coffee. I let my coffee sit for 10 mins first then I mix my protein and just reheat my coffee in the microwave.

Kenyatta

rvtisme
on 1/10/14 5:17 am
RNY on 12/16/13

Hi DC,

again you amaze me. Jerky stick & Tuna tartar?? I'm seeing my doc today, and gonna ask my NUT if I can have tuna tartar!!

B: Protein Shake

L: Tuna salad, 1 slice of whole wheat toast

D:  Talapia & veggies

S: yoplait 100 greek yogurt & avocado

Gotta go shopping to find much more interesting things to eat!!

renee

HW: 355, SW 314.2, GW: 165 - Surgery Date 12/16/13

Dcgirl
on 1/10/14 5:21 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Well I figure tuna is a lean protein :)  The jerky stick...I am not sure.  I apparently have the stomach of steel that can handle raw tuna, red hot pepper flakes, chicken breast.  I am literally only eating protein.  No carbs unless for example a sauce has it.  My NUT said that with RNY our stomachs make less acid so you have to be more careful of food borne illnesses in things like raw fish.  But there are countless websites suggesting that people have sashimi (not rolls) after RNY.  I decided I will only have raw fish from very good and reputable restaurants.  Thank god I can have tuna because next week on my work trip we have a dinner at PF Changs and I already read their whole nutrition menu and the only item that is high protein and low/no carb is seared tuna.  So I already know what I am ordering :)

But you have given me pause on the turkey jerky.  Maybe it's too hard for almost 4 weeks out?  I haven't eaten anything hard yet.  Well harder than a piece of chicken chewed 30 times lol.

snowball24life
on 1/10/14 5:45 am - NY
RNY on 05/21/13

I have not been good today as I feel like I am coming down with the flu caught from the hubby... I have had 2 cups of vanilla chai tea with protein powder added, 1 serving of honey roasted nuts, and 1 low fat vanilla yogurt. Not sure if I will be having dinner, as the tummy does not feel the best.. 

Day's that I feel well I consume between 900-1200 calories. I am almost 8 months post-op. I track everything on www.myfitnesspal.com. 

AnnieD9999
on 1/10/14 8:25 am - Columbus, OH

I too seem to have a stomach of steel. I haven't found a single thing that I can't eat .This is both a blessing and a curse. 

breakfast: a cup of coffee, then cheddar grits with ham 

snack: strawberry peanut butter protein shake

lunch: turkey sloppy joes

s: had a slice of almond poppy seed pound cake

d: chicken enchiladas 

s: chocolate covered strawberries

AnnieD9999
on 1/10/14 11:31 am - Columbus, OH

exercise: ran 4 miles in 46 minutes

TopherCarter
on 1/10/14 10:29 am - Owens Cross Rds, AL
RNY on 08/21/13

I know some folks may get tired of seeing these posts, I don't know...but for what it's worth, I LOVE them! And I love seeing what everyone is eating on a daily basis! It's been helpful and kinda fun for me. 

Just like poor snowball, I haven't been feeling really well today...a little bit of a tummy upset.  So I have been kinda bad today. 

Time since surgery: 4 1/2 months.

Breakfast: Nothing.

Lunch: Rest of my leftover cheese omelet from 2 nights ago (still tastes fresh, go figure...usually I can't stand the taste of cooked eggs after being refrigerated overnight) with an extra piece of lowfat mozzarella melted over it.

Dinner: Just had a couple of pita chips with cheese (didn't feel up to eating, but felt I needed to eat SOMETHING).

Snacks: None, really, today.

Liquids: Coffee with protein powder, plenty of water.  On track with vitamins and liquids.  Unfortunately, no exercise today.  Hoping tomorrow will be a much more creative day.

I love all you 'losers'! ;)

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 31 replies · 210 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 257 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 304 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 266 views