Vitamins, opinions

moonandstarzz
on 1/11/14 4:13 am - Decatur, AL
Revision on 12/18/13

Ok I had surgery dec 18th 2013, I am trying to find a vitamin thats not tasting like crap and is not gonna make me gag trying to eat it. the bariatric fusion ones are way to hard and i just almost puked trying to take it, the celebrate is "ok" but hoping yall have advice on something better, also I know when I hit 2 months out I can start the chewy ones, has anyone tried those and which are good. I just hate to spend money on vitamins that are gonna be so nasty that I dont want to take. Prior to surgery I was taking Centrum flavor burst adult chews they was ok but i dont know if thats something i will be able to take when i hit my 2nd month. But until I can I need something thats ok so that i can take them now in the mean time.

Also has anyone tried the AmeriWell Bariatrics Multivitamin & Mineral Gelatin, its a tablet you drop into 2oz of boiling water and disolve then cover and stick in fridge for 2 hrs (or freezer for 45 mins)

Will it be easier if i just crust my vitamins and put them in a protein shake??

SkinnyScientist
on 1/11/14 4:18 am

My surgeon has me on the kiddie flintstones chewable ones.  They have the required amount of iron and folic acid.  These ARENT the gummy. He does not want us eating gummies for some reason.

RNY Surgery: 12/31/2013; 

Current weight (2/27/2015) 139lbs, ~14% body fat

Three pounds below Goal!!! Yay !  

poet_kelly
on 1/11/14 4:22 am - OH

He probably doesn't want you eating gummies because they are missing a bunch of nutrients we need.  But the Flintstones are missing things too, like selenium.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

moonandstarzz
on 1/11/14 4:22 am - Decatur, AL
Revision on 12/18/13

I so wish I could take those ones. I just check the paper they gave me and it said childrens chewable vitamins and childrens gummy vitamins are not recommended :(

SkinnyScientist
on 1/11/14 4:29 am

oh well. To each his own. Do what YOUR doc says.

SkinnyScientist
on 1/11/14 4:19 am

PS. I used to live in AL.  I think I went to Decatur to watch a marching band competition once. Nice city.

poet_kelly
on 1/11/14 4:20 am - OH

I'd never heard of the gelatin things so I looked them up.  They have no copper, only half as much vitamin A as we need, no magnesium, no vitamin K... I guess you could use them and just take a vitamin A supplement and a copper supplement separately.

You can get samples of Celebrate and Bariatric Advantage vitamins to taste before you buy.

The Centrum flavor bursts are missing a bunch of nutrients.  It's really, really important to read the labels and see what is and isn't in a vitamin.  Just because it says "complete" or "bariatric" or something on the label, doesn't really mean it has what we need in it.

Do you prefer a chewable?  Are you able to swallow pills?

Celebrate has ENS, which is a drink mix that is a multi plus calcium citrate.  And they also have it with 25 mg protein.  It's basically a protein shake with a multi and calcium in it.

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

moonandstarzz
on 1/11/14 4:54 am - Decatur, AL
Revision on 12/18/13

The centrum was prior to surgery i havent take it since. The Gelatin ones was samples I got from the hospital. I have some samples from bariatric and celebrate they are ok. Im not allowed to take pills yet, Im only in my 4th wk since surgery. I have a sample of the ENS+Protein mix Im gonna try it later and see how it is. If its decent that may be how I go. I wish I could swallow pills, it would so help with my daily medications (which im trying not to take cause of having to crush them. My dr said I have to take liquid or crushed pills for the first 6 mths. I really hope I can find some way to get vitamins without wanting to puke. Thanks for the advice and Ill try my ENS+Protein sample here for a snack in a few before I leave home to go shopping.

poet_kelly
on 1/11/14 5:01 am - OH

I like the ENS and I used it for a couple years.  It's expensive, though.

moonandstarzz
on 1/11/14 10:48 am - Decatur, AL
Revision on 12/18/13

I just got back home from running some errands and its gonna be a hour before my spaghetti squash is ready for my meal, so Im drinking my ENS+Protein 1/2 serving sample. Its vanilla and it reminds me some what of cake batter (taste not texture lol) Its not bad.

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 331 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 367 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 330 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 192 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 324 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?