What's on the menu today, RNY-ers

Dcgirl
on 1/15/14 7:55 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Greetings from sunny CA, everyone! Apparently we had an earthquake early this morning and I was sleeping like a baby! I'm having a great day-had a few people comment I'm looking good - and I am also wearing a shirt that hasn't fit since maybe last May :)

Love seeing what you're eating and here is what's on my menu today:

Time since surgery: 4 weeks, 2 days

B: scrambled eggs and 2 slices of bacon

L: maybe 2oz of fajita chicken with a tiny bit of cheese and avocado

S: decaf coffee with half of a premier protein shake added in

D: we are going to a seafood restaurant so I will eat 3oz of fish 

tell me what's on your menu!

poet_kelly
on 1/15/14 8:02 am - OH

Breakfast - protein shake

Snack - apple slices with almond butter

Lunch - apple slices with almond butter

Snack - Greek yogurt

Dinner - about one and a half slices of pizza

Snack - I'm thinking a protein shake because lunch and one of my snacks were kind of low in protein and my dinner wasn't real high in protein either, just the cheese on the pizza.  I do have leftover pizza but I think I will save that for tomorrow.  I do not need to eat pizza twice in one day.  Plus I am going to be full for a while now.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

blopez579
on 1/15/14 8:06 am
RNY on 09/11/13

Oy, you are going to turn into an almond buttered apple! lol

poet_kelly
on 1/15/14 8:10 am - OH

It's my new favorite food.  I went shopping a few days ago because I needed to get some healthy stuff in the house because I'd been eating much starchy carby stuff, like cereal.  I needed to get that stuff out of the house and fill up the house with yummy stuff that is better for me.  I hadn't bought almond butter in a long time because it's just so expensive.  But I bought some and some apples and it is just super yummy.  And very filling.  It takes a while to eat, and there is lots of chewing involved, and the protein and good fat in the almond butter makes me feel full for a long time.

Also, I do this with food sometimes.  I will decide something is my very favorite and eat it a lot - I mean A LOT - for a while, then I get tired of it and don't want it again for a long time.  As long as it's something healthy, I just go with it.

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Lora R.
on 1/15/14 8:32 am
RNY on 09/12/13

I am going to have to get some this weekend and give it a try :)

RNY: 9/12/13 HW:  347  SW:  315  CW:  183  BEST THING I EVER DID FOR MYSELF! 

blopez579
on 1/15/14 8:10 am
RNY on 09/11/13

B:  Leftover chicken parmesan a'la low carb

S:  Brie cheese and low carb crackers

L:  Home made 15 bean soup, 7 oz

S:  1/2 protein bar

D:  Tuna salad on tomato slices

Dcgirl
on 1/15/14 8:39 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Oooh you will have to share the low carb chicken parm recipe!  I am all ears.

Do you really buy 15 types of beans for your soup???  I am impressed.  Perhaps that would help me have a normal BM lol!

poet_kelly
on 1/15/14 8:41 am - OH

You can buy a bag of 15 beans or 13 beans mixed.  You don't have to buy 15 separate bags of beans.

blopez579
on 1/15/14 10:02 pm
RNY on 09/11/13

Fiber was the idea behind the 15 bean soup for sure... lol! ...but I discovered 15-bean soup by accident in the dry bean section.  It's a bag with all the different kinds already mixed up in it. There were brands that had no seasonings, and one that had Cajun seasonings.  Of course I got that one.  Pretty yummy.  I like indian/middle eastern food, and so I added a bunch of curry also.  Satisfies that crave for flave.

The chicken parmesan is really no deal, just barely any bread crumbs, and parmesan cheese dusted on really thinly sliced chicken breast, and pan fried in a teaspoon of olive oil.  It was so good, I didn't even want any marinara on it.

~Barbara

Missella20
on 1/15/14 8:30 am
RNY on 07/11/13

B-coffee with half and half

s1- cheese stick and small packet of nuts and half protein bar

L-Greek yogurt and half protein bar

s2-RTD shake

D-Taco Bell cantina bowl without rice (not sure how healthy this is but it was good!)

s3-lunch meat chicken breast and half cheese slice

i feel like I ate a lot today. Must be my period.

HW 264    SW 234    CW 149    5'4" 

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 31 replies · 208 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 257 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 304 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 265 views