BOTTOMLESS PIT

netnay
on 1/17/14 1:26 pm
RNY on 03/27/13
OMG I feel like nothing fills me up today. EVEN SHRIMP!! HELP!!! lol I don't know what is going on with me today. Does anyone else have these days? Please tell me I am not alone in this.
tdbull
on 1/17/14 2:02 pm - WA
RNY on 08/13/13
Yes - I had one today, and am feeling like I am hungrier every day. I see my calories creeping up too. So frustrating - sometimes feels like I haven't even had my stomach reduced. What is up with this??

Lapband surgery in 2009 -  Revision to RNY August 13, 2013 with gallbladder removal.

HW - (260)   SW - (197)   GW - (135), updated on 1-2-14 to 125lbs  HT 5'5"  Goal reached 3/2/14-revised goal to 120 on 3/9/14   reached 4/6/14             

netnay
on 1/18/14 1:15 pm
RNY on 03/27/13
I don't know but it sure is crazy!!! I also think I am having issues with deciphering if it's head hunger or real hunger. I didn't know the difference before my surgery and I am still learning my stomach limits even now. But it seems these last couple of days have been easier than before. I don't like that. I want to feel my limits with my stomach.
MissK123456789
on 1/17/14 7:39 pm - PA

Yes ma'am.  One day a month, there is not enough food on this entire planet.  Here, we call it PMS! 

Karen

poet_kelly
on 1/17/14 8:10 pm - OH

I do sometimes.  If it's just one day, I don't worry about it.  I just eat a lot that day.  I have other days when I have very little appetite and I figure it all balances out.  If I feel extra hungry for several days in a row, then I try to control it.  I'll drink extra fluids and try to distract myself until my next scheduled mealtime instead of eating extra food.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

MGTeacher
on 1/17/14 8:55 pm

Great advice Poet Kelly! I've been struggling to control the munchies this week. I need to up fluids and not give in to extra calories. I do have PMS right now, so maybe that's the cause. Hope it ends soon.

NDHM
on 1/17/14 9:57 pm

I had my surgery the day before you. I've been having those days on occasion, but I also have days where my pouch won't let me eat very much either. I just eat when I'm hungry but try to make good choices. I eat protein rich slider foods on my "small pouch days" & denser proteins on my "bottomless pouch" days. Luckily, neither occurs very often. 

NEPoppy
on 1/18/14 1:49 am - Hastings, NE

Oh yes! This happens every once in a while. I am actually thankful for those days. I feel a bit more "normal" - more like my family. I also find that my body is craving additional calories one or two days after I have been ill or otherwise not able to eat. For example, my mom passed away one week ago today and the anxiety I experienced was so bad I was physically unable to keep anything down until Tuesday!!! I lost 6 more pounds I was not planning on (I am in maintenance phase) and I was beginning to get really worried as to why I couldn't eat. I woke up today and felt like I could eat the entire kitchen- sink and all!!! So far, I have had a strawberry crepe with cream cheese/protien powder filling, a scrambled egg, a string cheese, some tuna salad on crackers with swiss cheese, ONE cheese puff (couldn't resist lol), two skinny vanilla lattes, and a greek yogurt. And my day isn't even half over! I know my nutrition has been lacking lately so I am just going with it and eating what my body is telling me it needs (plus a cheese puff which I didn't really NEED but wanted and NOW I remember why I don't like them to begin with hahaha)

Poppy

brendastar11
on 1/18/14 7:01 am - PITTSGROVE, NJ

I think we all have those days. It will pass.Try a little pasta,that usually works!

PetHairMagnet
on 1/18/14 7:29 pm, edited 1/18/14 7:29 pm
RNY on 05/13/13

I drink copious amounts of lemon zinger, ginger lemon and lately, chai teas in addition to coffee. If I feel like eating and it is nit eating time...tea or coffee please! I limit my calories to 25 a day for these drinks so almond milk (unsweetened) and SF syrups are my only additions in the coffee. Nothing added to the tea.

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 365 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 284 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 234 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 22 replies · 309 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 111 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?