cherry syntrax taste

angie1973
on 1/22/14 7:09 pm
RNY on 09/25/13
Was wondering does the cherry syntax tastes like crystal lite with a fresh clean taste or is it thick and milky taste.

Angie1973 

poet_kelly
on 1/22/14 8:33 pm - OH

It's not thick or milky.  Whether it tastes clean or fre****hink is a matter of opinion.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 1/22/14 8:47 pm - OH

Is it still called Twisted Cherry?  If so, be aware that it is a more sour cherry flavor, which is great if you like sour cherry but not so great if you don't.  It is definitely not milky, but "fresh clean taste" is pretty subjective.  IMO, none of the fruity protein powders meet that characterization, but that's just me.

I personally liked it (and still have a couple of sample packs of it... which, now that I think of it, are probably long expired!) but  it has been 2 years, I think since I had it, so it is possible they have changed it.  Perhaps someone else will know for sure.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

poet_kelly
on 1/22/14 9:05 pm - OH

And if you've had sample packs of it so long that they've expired, do  you really like it that much?  If you liked it a lot, wouldn't you have used them by  now?

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 1/23/14 11:53 am - OH

It's a seasonal thing with me.  I only like the fruity ones during warm weather, and I didn't drink any protein shakes this summer at all (including any Cytomax!).... So I probably have other sample packets of the Syntrax that have been sitting there since last summer.

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

swardwell
on 1/22/14 9:37 pm

These are my salvation.  But no, it's not a "clean" taste.  It's not milky milky, but there is the whey undertaste.  I do find the taste easier to take in this (and the roadside lemonade) than in the vanillas or chocolates.  So when I HAVE to squeeze in that last protein, this is where I turn.

angie1973
on 1/22/14 9:44 pm
RNY on 09/25/13
Thanks everyone. I think I'm gonna try it. My choc and banana protein are good too but need a little chan.ge up.

Angie1973 

PetHairMagnet
on 1/23/14 1:06 pm
RNY on 05/13/13
On January 23, 2014 at 5:44 AM Pacific Time, angie1973 wrote:
Thanks everyone. I think I'm gonna try it. My choc and banana protein are good too but need a little chan.ge up.

Put some lemon crystal light in it-awesome! I also LOVE the wild grape!!

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

reinangel
on 1/22/14 10:37 pm - Reading, PA
RNY on 10/08/13

I like it. it tastes like melted twizzlers. I drink it out of something so that i cant smell the whey. 

ShebasMom
on 1/23/14 11:01 am, edited 1/23/14 11:02 am
Revision on 07/05/16

Everybody's different, but I thought Twisted Cherry and Roadside Lemonade were nasty.  I do like Vanilla Bean and Chocolate Truffle. I add them to my coffee.

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 370 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 286 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 254 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 23 replies · 181 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 22 replies · 312 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?