Puritans pride vitamins

SteveWebb
on 1/27/14 12:42 am - NC

I've found what looks like some great deals on puritan's pride vitamins.  Has anyone tried them?  The ones I have found are for Seniors and are chewable.  I'm not quite a Senior but an fifty.  Any advise is appreciated.

Jeremiah 29:11 " For I know the thoughts that I think towards you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end". 

poet_kelly
on 1/27/14 1:00 am - OH

Do they have 100% of the RDA of things in them? And minerals like copper, zinc and selenium?  If so, they're fine.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

SteveWebb
on 1/27/14 1:11 am - NC

They seemed to have a lot more minerals in them than anything I have looked at.  I was really disappointed with Walmart last night because none of there vitamins I could use.  They had no calcium citrate that was chewable except gummies.  My program won't allow gummies.   I'll go ahead and buy from puritans pride.  They're offering buy two get three free on this vitamin.  Thanks, Kelly

Jeremiah 29:11 " For I know the thoughts that I think towards you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end". 

poet_kelly
on 1/27/14 1:20 am - OH

There are no gummy calcium citrate.  Were you looking at the Citracal gummies?  Those are tricalcium phosphate, not citrate.

Walmart has Centrum vitamins which we can use.  They also have a generic equivalent to Centrum.

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

SteveWebb
on 1/27/14 2:33 am - NC

I wanted chewables for a while because they told me not to swallow any pills larger than a tic tac.  I found liquid calcium citrate that has vitamin d3 and magnesium in it for best absorption.  I got two bottles for one.  I'll try it and see how it works out.  I got both from puritan's pride.

poet_kelly
on 1/27/14 2:40 am - OH

Yeah, most stores don't have chewable calcium citrate.  Liquid is fine, though.

PetHairMagnet
on 1/27/14 2:03 am
RNY on 05/13/13

I only buy USA made vitamins. That is always the first thing I confirm. 

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

SteveWebb
on 1/27/14 2:38 am - NC

I was told on the phone that they are manufactured in NY