fruit

jageneva
on 1/25/14 3:07 am
I am now allowed to have fruits and had a banana and it tasted great. Most foods taste disgusting since surgery because seems my tastebuds suck these days.
SteveWebb
on 1/25/14 3:29 am - NC

I'm pre-op on my liquid diet.  I long for the day I can have a piece of apple with a little peanut butter on it.  But if I were you I would limit my fruit and eat more protein and good vegs.  Hope you do really well.

Jeremiah 29:11 " For I know the thoughts that I think towards you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end". 

pathchic
on 1/25/14 5:53 am - FL
RNY on 08/07/13

My fav: Greek yogurt with 3 Splenda pack, a splash of vanilla, and a sprinkle of cinnamon- then dip peeled apple slices in it... Mmmmmmm

Food doesn't taste the same for me anymore either, but I have found some new favorites!

Lovetocruz
on 1/25/14 9:11 am - Nashville, NC

I had orange today......delicious

averybyrd
on 1/25/14 9:30 am

I would love to be allowed fruits! I sometimes have a yogurt that has a little fruit in it, and I occasionally have raisins when my mirilax just doesn't seem to be cutting it, but I'm not really supposed to have either. I just want to be able to add a banana to my protein shake!

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 1/25/14 9:32 am - OH

You're almost 6 months out and not allowed any fruit yet?

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Ladytazz
on 1/25/14 12:08 pm

Her profile says her surgery was scheduled for Dec. 10, 2013 so that would be around 6 weeks.  I wasn't supposed to have fruit at that point either.

The real question is if you aren't supposed to have fruit then why did you?  Not that it will kill you and everyone's surgeon has different rules but if you are making exceptions this early out that doesn't bode well for long term.  I already failed one WLS so I followed my surgeon's program to the letter.  Not because it would have made any kind of real difference but because I needed to learn self discipline since I was so sorely lacking it before, so I made myself follow the rules and be compliant because not following the rules and not being compliant got me a 100 lb regain.  So if my surgeon's program would have said that at 8 weeks I needed to go to the mall and do the hokey pokey 3 times every other day I would have done it, just to make sure I followed directions.  Not following directions got me to a revision so I wanted to try it a different way.

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 1/25/14 9:38 pm, edited 1/25/14 9:39 pm - OH

I was just going by the 8/8/13 date at the top of her post, which would be six months out...

Lora 

Edited to add: I see the problem... I think you are talking about the OP, whereas my reply was to one of the other posters

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Bibo
on 1/25/14 2:10 pm

i don't remember the company but someone makes banana liquid  unsweetened syrup. also watermelon, and raspberry. im sure it would come up on  a google search

poet_kelly
on 1/25/14 9:52 pm - OH

I don't know who makes unsweetened fruit flavored syrups, but Da Vinci and Torani both make sugar free syrups (sweetened with splenda, I believe, they are definitely sweet).

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 196 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 255 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 304 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 265 views