What's on the menu today, RNY-ers?

Dcgirl
on 1/25/14 8:55 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Hi all,

I was so pleased to see all the menus yesterday. You all give me great ideas and help keep me committed!

i am six weeks out from surgery:

B: two egg bites made from egg white, bacon, goat cheese, onion. Recipe is a modification of the egg bites on the amazing "World According to Eggface" blog

L: 2 Oz of ash goat cheese. Went to a cafe with friends and other than salads and pain is this was my only protein option

S: Half of a premier protein vanilla shake (15 g of protein!)

D: 2 oz of trader joes balsamic chicken with goat cheese

Im at 600 calories which is on the high side for me, and only 61 g of protein but I'm just not hungry and can't have anything else tonight

V: halfway there!

E: I burned 600 calories at the gym in a body pump class. My whole body hurts!

Kenyatta W.
on 1/25/14 9:20 am - Indianapolis, IN
RNY on 01/07/13

Hey DcGirl!!!

I just love this thread! it keeps me motivated to track plus I get great ideas to change up my menu.

I'm 1 yr and 3 weeks post op

B: Protein coffee, 1 scrambled egg with 1/8c shredded cheese, 1 slice turkey bacon

L: Homemade healthy turkey pepperoni pizza

S: 1 oz Turkey jerky

D: 3 oz roasted pork loin, 1/3c green beans

W/V: Are on target

E: Me and my love got a membership at Planet Fitness today, working out tomorrow morning

Totals: Calories 912, Protein 106 grams, Carbs 44 grams, Fats 38 grams

~Kenyatta"....Nothing never changes itself, Unless YOU make it...."

HW: 305 SW: 272 CW: 150  GW: 150

BMI Finally in Over Weight range..... ECSTATIC!!!!!

Dcgirl
on 1/25/14 9:51 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

It's me and you girl :) I'm glad you like this thread as much as I do! Like, now I can't wait to find turkey pepperoni and also make Mexican slaw :)

You rocked on the protein today! I am impressed! I did my class today at my friends gym. I am joining a gym in my neighborhood as of March 1st. They have an insanely expensive deal BUT it includes unlimited personal training. So I figure I'm not buying booze and very little food so I will splurge on Fitness :) The cheapest gym in DC is $85/month believe it or not. 

Hope you're staying warm and having a good weekend! I always look forward to your posts :)

Em

Kenyatta W.
on 1/25/14 11:06 am, edited 1/25/14 11:06 am - Indianapolis, IN
RNY on 01/07/13

I've notice if I up my cals and protein the scale starts moving. So now I'm trying to stay around 90-100 grams of protein. I'm keeping my cals around 950-1000.

Wow $85!!! Well at least you get unlimited personal trainer.... I'm jealous! lol

I'm trying to keep warm. It's been a horrible winter here in Indy. Trying to decide if we are leaving or investing in a home here. I don't think I can handle another winter here.

I also look forward to your posts! Keep'em coming!

Kenyatta

Dcgirl
on 1/25/14 11:09 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

I wish the $85 included the trainer. Sadly that's the base price :(

I'm from Detroit so I know Indy weather. After five years in DC I am loving our (normally) mild winters. It's cold here too this year. But we have had about 4 inches of snow TOTAL so at least there is no shoveling and scraping :)

averybyrd
on 1/25/14 9:27 am

B: skipped - I slept in

L: chopped Mexican Salad (coleslaw mix, romaine, black beans, tomatoes, chilies, chicken, ranch dressing)

S: Pepper Jack cheese stick (I also ate a chocolate chip cookie, which was really bad to do, but which I didn't try hard enough to resist)

D: more salad, chicken, spaghetti squash, mozzarella cheese, tomato sauce

S: hot chocolate (a mix I made a jar of a while back. It's all FF and sugar-free and works out to about 35 calories a mug. Plus, it makes me warm and happy and fills my tummy.

Dcgirl
on 1/25/14 10:03 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

I'd love to know what is in your jar of hot cocoa! That sounds so good right now :)

Ceithlenn
on 1/25/14 9:58 am - WI
RNY on 08/28/13

5 months out 

B - Chocolate hazelnut coffee protein shake

L- grilled chicken topped with small amount of spinach, tomato, and feta. 

D- 7 crunchmaster crackers and a cheese stick

Not feeling great today so not my best food day. 

Dcgirl
on 1/25/14 10:02 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Sorry you're not feeling good :( everyone here has a cold right now so you're not alone. Your day doesn't sound bad. Just maybe light on protein? Feel better!

Lovetocruz
on 1/25/14 10:06 am - Nashville, NC

I cooked salmon cakes tonight.....yum

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 31 replies · 208 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 257 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 304 views
What's on your Monday Menu?