Do I eat too muchhhhhh

AnnieD9999
on 1/28/14 11:12 am - Columbus, OH

Y'all! So my husband pointed out to me that I've been eating more lately. Just want to see if the amounts I'm eating are too much, or if I'm just approaching a year post op and I'm supposed to be eating more 

here's my meals for the day 

breakfast: 1 egg scrambled, 2 slices turkey bacon, & half a banana, some blue berries w/ a drizzle of honey 

snack: big handful of animal crackers

lunch: protein shake

snack: chips and salsa

dinner: went to Olive Garden, had a few slices of a caprese flatbread, 3 bites of salad, and some of a mixed grill (it comes with 3 slices each of steak and chicken, I ate 1 of each and some potatoes) 

Not looking for any critiques on my food choices here, just wondering portion wise if someone 10 months out should be able to eat that much. I run 4+ Miles 3 times a week, and so weight lifting/ resistance workouts 2 times a week 

LiViAnN_mommy
on 1/28/14 11:30 am - Citrus heights, CA

I can't say if your eating more but I will say that you had a bit of carbs which will make you want to eat more. I would watch how much "bad" carbs your eating.  I know that's not what you wanted to hear but like I said if your eating more carbs you will eat more food.. Does that make sense?

BeccaM76
on 1/28/14 11:57 am

To me, the amount looks fine. My husband said I've been eating more also. But, compared to what we ate in the beginning it seems like a lot! 

TurnThePage
on 1/28/14 1:22 pm

Absolute max quantity per meal EVER per my plan is 1 cup. The breakfast appears to be close to 2 meals and dinner sounds like 2 to 3 meals by that standard. 

poet_kelly
on 1/28/14 7:24 pm - OH

The dinner seems like a lot for ten months out.  How many cups of food would you guess that was?  Two cups, maybe?  That's more than I eat now, five years out.  I probably could eat that much, to be honest, there've been a couple times I've felt really  hungry and eaten  more than I'm supposed to eat, but I would expect myself to feel uncomfortably full if I ate more than one piece of bread plus the rest of your dinner.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

AnnieD9999
on 1/28/14 10:40 pm - Columbus, OH

I would say it was more like a cup and a half. The bread was thin like a pita, and cut into little triangles maybe 2 inches wide at the biggest part. So I had 3 slices. And the 2 servings of meat smaller than the size of my palm, that we're thin. And just 2 or 3 bites of salad. 

poet_kelly
on 1/28/14 10:43 pm - OH

Ok.  That doesn't sound too bad to me, then.

I guess the more important question is, do you think it's too much?  Is it in keeping with your surgeon's or dietician's plan?

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

AnnieD9999
on 1/28/14 10:51 pm - Columbus, OH

Well, I moved to Texas shortly after my surgery so I haven't been keeping up with her program. I am seeing a nutritionist here at Ft Bliss, I need to set up another appointment with her to see what her opinion is. But I honestly don't feel like I'm eating too much. I don't feel uncomfortable after meals. I'm still losing weight, and staying on top of my exercise. 

PetHairMagnet
on 1/28/14 11:00 pm
RNY on 05/13/13

That is more than my husband eats and he was a year out in October. I will be a year out in May. 

When he first added carbs back after hitting goal (and going about 10 lbs under it) his appetite was MUCH bigger. He had to reduce them drastically to get back to not having hunger and I see you are eating a lot of carbs, so maybe that is causing you to each so much?

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

AnnieD9999
on 1/28/14 11:17 pm - Columbus, OH

I personally don't feel like eating carbs makes me eat more. But I think I'll try and cut them out for a few days and see if it makes a difference. 

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 299 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 344 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 304 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 301 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 7 replies · 74 views
Recent Topics