What's on the menu today, RNY-ers?

Dcgirl
on 1/28/14 11:34 pm - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

You guys never fail to amaze me with your high protein, inventive and delicious menus!  Keep 'em coming!  

My menu today looks a lot like the last few weeks.  I am cycling through the same damn meals :)  Every morning I grab my breakfast and lunch from the fridge and toss something from the freezer into the fridge to defrost for dinner.  BUT, my goal is to find an awesome slow cooker recipe online today and make it this weekend :)

B: A Trader Joe's sweet pesto chicken sausage (170 calories, 20 g of protein)

L: Trader Joe's Argentinian red shrimp - frozen but defrost SO quickly in a bowl of cold water, and easy to pan saute!.  4 oz is 15 g of protein and only 70 calories!  I mixed them with less than a tbsp of pesto and a shake of parmesan cheese, plus my ever present red hot pepper flakes

S: Before the gym, I will eat a Trader Joe's light mild cheddar cheese stick (70 calories, 7 g of protein)

D: After the gym I will have a slice of turkey meatloaf that I pulled out of the freezer - made with 99% fat free ground turkey, grilled onions, a bit of bread crumbs, a tsp of mustard and ketchup, a bit of egg, and some shredded cheese.  The meatloaf made about 8 servings.  

I will end the day at 64 g of protein, 11 g of carbs, 30 g of fat, and 584 calories.  Not bad for a day where I exercise :)  Curious to see what's on your menus?

Em

poet_kelly
on 1/28/14 11:49 pm - OH

Breakfast - protein shake

Snack - protein bar

Snack - apple slices with almond butter (I had to have a second snack because I got up at 5 am thanks to my dog who insisted he needed to go out and pee then)

Lunch - vegetarian chili with shredded cheddar on top

Snack - Greek yogurt

Dinner - the rest of my chili

Snack - I don't know.  Yogurt, maybe.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

tdbull
on 1/29/14 12:17 am - WA
RNY on 08/13/13
WOW - Kelly. It doesn't seem like you eat enough for being so far out on your journey. I think I eat more than you do at only 6 months. Hope all is well with you.

Lapband surgery in 2009 -  Revision to RNY August 13, 2013 with gallbladder removal.

HW - (260)   SW - (197)   GW - (135), updated on 1-2-14 to 125lbs  HT 5'5"  Goal reached 3/2/14-revised goal to 120 on 3/9/14   reached 4/6/14             

PetHairMagnet
on 1/29/14 12:41 am
RNY on 05/13/13
On January 29, 2014 at 8:17 AM Pacific Time, tdbull wrote:
WOW - Kelly. It doesn't seem like you eat enough for being so far out on your journey. I think I eat more than you do at only 6 months. Hope all is well with you.

LOL, I was just thinking MAN--I can't believe I'll ever be able to eat that much!

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

tdbull
on 1/29/14 12:58 am - WA
RNY on 08/13/13
Yikes - now I'm worried that eat too much!!!

Lapband surgery in 2009 -  Revision to RNY August 13, 2013 with gallbladder removal.

HW - (260)   SW - (197)   GW - (135), updated on 1-2-14 to 125lbs  HT 5'5"  Goal reached 3/2/14-revised goal to 120 on 3/9/14   reached 4/6/14             

PetHairMagnet
on 1/29/14 2:20 am
RNY on 05/13/13
On January 29, 2014 at 8:58 AM Pacific Time, tdbull wrote:
Yikes - now I'm worried that eat too much!!!

You are doing AWESOME! If you are eating what is on your plan in the amounts of your plan, I would not worry! I am at about a heaped 1/3 cup at each meal. I try to get the 1/2 cup in...just not happening yet. But I'll get there. :)

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

Day_dream_believer
on 1/29/14 12:04 am

Breakfast:  Protein shake

Lunch:  Chili

Snack  greek yogurt

Dinner is out there.  I usually have dinner at church on Wednesday nights, but tonights dinner is chicken pot pie.  While I love it,chicken pot pie it not that healthy especially the way they make it with biscuits.  I will have to pack a dinner to take with me.  Any suggestions. 

No exercise today as they had a two hour delay for school because of weather.  That is right in the middle of gym time. 

PetHairMagnet
on 1/29/14 12:39 am
RNY on 05/13/13

I just finished making a huge pot of vegetables, pork and chicken.

I took a bag of sweet mini peppers and did a mix of strips and rings with them. I used two Vidalia onions cut into rings and smiles and a package of cremini mushrooms. I sauteed them until the onions were translucent. I then increased the heat and as the moisture evaporated I added a strong sprinkle of pretzel salt and stirred as the mushrooms and onions caramelized.  Once they were nearly done I added cubed pieces of dry rubbed pork tenderloin (raw) and some left over balsamic chicken and reduced the heat as the meat cooked. 

It is in a large covered dutch oven on the stove top and my son will eat from it all day.  I will pick out 1/3 cup of the meat and then put that in a 1/2 cup measure and put the rest of the measure in with the vegetables and see if I can get the 1/2 cup in today. My guess is that it will be lunch and PM snack. :)

My minimum protein is 80g, but I am averaging 100g for the last 30 days. My max calories are 800, but I am edging up to be closer to 700 on a regular basis. My nutritionist really wants me at 700 every day, just hard to get all that food in. 

PetHairMagnet
on 1/29/14 2:19 am
RNY on 05/13/13

Oh, forgot to add that I put 1 tablespoon of fresh ginger in it, too!

Kenyatta W.
on 1/29/14 12:40 am - Indianapolis, IN
RNY on 01/07/13

Hey DcGirl!!!

Time out: Almost 13 months

Pre work out snack: 1/2 protein bar

B: Protein coffee, 1 boiled egg, 1 slice turkey bacon

L: 1/2c turkey chili with 1/4c shredded cheese

S 1: 1/2 protein bar

D: 4oz baked chicken breast, 1/3c seasoned cooked greens

S 2: 1 light baby bel cheese

E: No DEVIL (elliptical) today but instead I walked the treadmill for 30 mins and worked on my upper body strength with weights for 15 mins

W/Vites: I'm working on it

Totals: Calories 917, Protein 99 grams, Carbs 34 grams, Fats 37 grams

~Kenyatta"....Nothing never changes itself, Unless YOU make it...."

HW: 305 SW: 272 CW: 150  GW: 150

BMI Finally in Over Weight range..... ECSTATIC!!!!!

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 261 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 276 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 319 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 277 views