Stomach flu...help...

clairesmom13
on 2/4/14 2:22 pm - OR

We'll I've gone almost three years post op and avoided the stomach flu... But last week my oldest daughter started pukimg... It moved on to my husband and then the baby... Just as everyone was starting to feel better and I thought it was going to skip me... I got a fever, aches, nausea and diarreah. I called in and got some anti nausea meds from my general practice doctor and I've been going from there... It's been six days of hell and I'm STILL sick. Anything I eat makes me nauseated then gives me stomach cramps and it goes straight through. I'm starting to get worrie. I'm doing the best I can staying hydrated, but the diarreah is super watery and not helping. I wonder if I should go to the doctor.. But don't think they would do anything or tell me much I don't know. My surgeon sucked so if I called their office they would be zero help (I've tried before about other things) I'm just concerned that this isn't going away ans everyone else only had this a couple days.

advice anyone? I am already too thin, I really need to be eating. I'm getting my fluids back up I think but I'm still fairly dehydrated (by how I feel so dray ans I'm super thirsty) p

thanks ahead of time! 

Ehbeagle
on 2/4/14 6:01 pm - Virginia beach, VA

If I were you, I would go to the doc.  They could hydrate you and give you better meds for nausea.  Six days is a LONG time for a stomach virus.  Best of luck.

poet_kelly
on 2/4/14 6:14 pm - OH

If you think you're dehydrated, go to the ER for IV fluids.

You should be able to take something for diarrhea.  If you're not sure what to take, call your doc and ask.  You can also get a script for something for nausea.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

H.A.L.A B.
on 2/4/14 9:13 pm

Activated charcoal capsules.  I use them if I ever get issues like that.  You can find them on line or some pharmacies carry them. Great for food poisoning, even dry heaving or very occasional acid reflex. 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 333 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 371 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 333 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 21 replies · 223 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 7 replies · 101 views
Recent Topics