Drain tube out!!!

SteveWebb
on 2/11/14 8:03 am - NC

Hi All, I beat the storm to the punch today and called the Surgeons office and begged the Nurse to go ahead and take out my drain tube because of the big winter storm headed this way.  She agreed and I went to the office and a few minutes later the tube was history!  It didn't hurt coming out and I am glad for that.  I am having some extreme burning from one of my insicions. The Nurse said it appears to be the scar tissue healing.  The Doctor will now see me next week.  My Monthly appointment with him is March 4.  I hope I don't have to return to wor****il then.  I still get very tired just walking for a few minutes.  Hope to walk more this weekend after the storm has passed.  Hope everyone is ahving a good and safe week.  Stay warm.

Jeremiah 29:11 " For I know the thoughts that I think towards you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end". 

LoriLo45
on 2/11/14 8:05 am

Yay!!!  No more drain tube = Awesome News!

RNYGuyPA
on 2/11/14 8:11 am
RNY on 12/27/13

Good news!  I was surprised how sore the scars were a few days out, not while I was in the hospital, but when I got home and started moving just a little bit.  A cross between a burn and a tear.  Sounds like your headed on your way - good luck!

6' 2"     HW: 405      SW: 352      CW: 276      GW: 225

Trendweight

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

SteveWebb
on 2/11/14 8:48 am - NC

Feels like a have a red hot fireplace poker coming from the insicion.  Hope it will end in a few days.  Hope you are doing well.

Jeremiah 29:11 " For I know the thoughts that I think towards you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end". 

tdbull
on 2/11/14 8:55 am - WA
RNY on 08/13/13
Terrific news. Glad you got that taken care of before you get snowed in. Rest up, sip your liquids and walk. You'll get your energy back in no time.

Lapband surgery in 2009 -  Revision to RNY August 13, 2013 with gallbladder removal.

HW - (260)   SW - (197)   GW - (135), updated on 1-2-14 to 125lbs  HT 5'5"  Goal reached 3/2/14-revised goal to 120 on 3/9/14   reached 4/6/14             

dccyr
on 2/11/14 10:23 am

Yay!  I got mine out on yesterday.  It is already scabbing over.  I feel reallly great!  I am walking 20-30 minutes on my treadmill every day.  My doc says I can experiment with mushy foods.  tried a lightly scrambled egg and ate half of it. no issues.  taking is easy.  going to try cream of wheat tomorrow.  and maybe some steamed edamame.  just experimenting.  been able to get in two protein drinks since yesterday with no problem.  

So far I am doing ok.  going to walk the mall tomorrow to get out of the house before the big storm hits.  Going a bit stir crazy inside all the time.  Need to get out if only for 30 minutes.  Fresh air, change of scenery.  

PetHairMagnet
on 2/12/14 5:45 am
RNY on 05/13/13

I am very glad I did not have to have a drain tube!

How many days ago was your surgery? Walking for a few minutes and being worn out seems a bit much after a few days, IMO. My husband and I (and many folks at my support group) were doing multiple miles a day in our first week post-op and I went back to work after one week. Being out over a month is a long time, IME. Why are you wanting to be out so long?

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!