Loving Life

chaly
on 2/15/14 4:29 am
RNY on 11/05/13

I had one of those "I'm loving life" moments today.  Here is the background that led up to that moment.  Last Christmas I bought my daughter a Gap sweatshirt.  I thought it was cute, and it was a gorgeous teal blue.  Well, let's just say my thought of "cute" and her thought of "cute"  are not the same.  Instead of taking it back I gave her the money for it and kept it for my "one day" sweatshirt.  This morning my daughter came in to my room and saw the sweatshirt and made a comment about it.  I decided to try it on to see just how close I come fitting into it.  I actually was able to wear it!!  My daughter's mouth flew open and began swatting at me and screaming, "I am so happy for you, but mom you can't be the same size!" (She is 19.)  I have never laughed so hard in my life.  We have never been the same size.  To be honest she is still smaller than me, but I am getting there.  The sweatshirt was a size large!  She later said that we will soon be sharing clothes.  I never thought I would hear those words. 

Now if only my bottom half would follow the top half.  I have lost most of my weight off the top so far.  I have dropped in pant sizes, so it is coming off the bottom.  It just doesn't seem to be as much.  Oh well, it will come.

tdbull
on 2/15/14 5:13 am - WA
RNY on 08/13/13
Such a great NSV, and to think that you got such a laugh with your daughter, who sounds sooo proud of you. WAY TO GO

Lapband surgery in 2009 -  Revision to RNY August 13, 2013 with gallbladder removal.

HW - (260)   SW - (197)   GW - (135), updated on 1-2-14 to 125lbs  HT 5'5"  Goal reached 3/2/14-revised goal to 120 on 3/9/14   reached 4/6/14             

Ehbeagle
on 2/15/14 5:37 am - Virginia beach, VA

I have had the same experience with my daughter!  Actually I am wearing mostly her clothes because I hope to loose more and don't want to invest a lot of money in clothes right now.  This is all new territory for me and I LOVE it!!  

I have aver also noticed that the weight around the middle seems to be coming off slowly, urge!  But I know I will get there and so will too!

SteveWebb
on 2/15/14 7:10 am - NC

That's great Chaly!, I am bound and determined to catch my skinny 14 year old Son.  He is 32x32 jeans and a large shirt.  I am now in xl shirt but 38 jeans.  I still have a lot of belly to lose.  Plus I am only nearly two weeks out.  I figure by the end of the summer I might be there.  Keep up the great work.

Jeremiah 29:11 " For I know the thoughts that I think towards you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end". 

barb.k
on 2/15/14 9:25 am - Williamson, GA

That is awesome, I have two daughters and haven't been able to shop in the same clothes stores in a while. I love taking them out shopping but am usually sitting on the bench as they model clothes. This AM as I slipped into a pair of pants that I bought on clearance a few years ago from Ann Taylor which I never was able to fit into. I doubt that we will be able to ever share pants, as at age 19 and 22 they are sizes 2 and 4. But I am looking forward to shopping together in the same store instead of going to a "normal store" and then onto the plus sized store. There may be a shirt or two that I may just snitch. Enjoy the moments.

barb.k

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 342 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 373 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 338 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 145 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 22 replies · 263 views