Yay Surgery!

jenorama
on 2/19/14 6:53 am - CA
RNY on 10/07/13

So I had RNY in the beginning of October and things are going really well.  Counting a 20 lb pre-surgery loss I'm down 80lbs and I'm shopping in my closet.  I'm back in XL t-shirts and a 18-20w in pants.  This is down from a 2-3x and 24-26w.

I've found that I can use the center-mounted drink holder in my car again.  I had a work event in an auditorium this morning and the last time I was there, I didn't fit in the seat very well at all.  This morning was no problem.  I can go to live theater events with no problem, which was really great when my husband got us tickets for Book of Mormon up in SF for Christmas.  Such a contrast to how I barely fit in the seat when we saw a Broadway matinee last May.  I felt so terrible for the lady next to me.  On the subject of seating, I have some international travel for work coming up and normally I would be dreading the prospect of airplane seating, but I'm really looking forward to it.  Booths at restaurants are no problem and I'm not even afraid of restaurant chairs with arms anymore.  :D

When I'd read about people talking about how much energy they have, I'd always take it with a grain of salt.  While I don't quite yet find myself with energy to go run a mile, I actually have the energy to DO THINGS AROUND THE HOUSE.  Before, I'd come home from work, microwave something, eat and then just hang out on the couch until time for bed.  But now I am cooking more, going for walks around the neighborhood, keeping the house in order and generally driving my husband nuts on the weekends with my crazy schemes.  

I've had chronic lower back and shoulder issues for years and years and those are much diminished.  Not completely gone and I know even skinny people can have back problems, but both of those areas feel tons better than they have in a long time.  

Thank you guys so much for all of your knowledge over these months.  I haven't run into anything that truly surprised me because I read about it here first.  :D

Jen

The Salty Hag
on 2/19/14 7:59 am
RNY on 05/20/13

Those are some great NSVs!! 

Isn't so exciting? I still get tickled when I can do something easily now that I had difficulty with prior to my RNY. 

I'm happy for ya!! 

I woke up in between a memory and a dream...

Tom Petty

(deactivated member)
on 2/19/14 3:51 pm
QoftheU
on 2/19/14 3:55 pm - Bay Area/Silicon Valley, CA
Revision on 12/18/13

Congrats - very exciting!

Leslie - Band Revision to RNY - best thing ever!   HW: 234   SW: 222  CW: Ticker  GW: 130

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 331 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 367 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 330 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 192 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 324 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?