Frustration!!

Kristina T.
on 2/21/14 11:55 pm - Montebello, CA
RNY on 12/16/13

So hi everyone, 

I am now about 2 1/2 months out of surgery and according to my plan I am on a restricted solid diet i.e. the only things I "can't" eat are soft breads and raw vegetables. I've hit a stall again which I know is very normal and I was actually ok with it. It didn't really worry me too much I was just keeping my head down and doing what I have to do. I am eating about 900 calories a day give or take (not all of it is food some of it comes from the milk I drink and fruit I eat). I've been pretty good with taking the vitamins and eating fruit and attempting to get all my protein in. My biggest issue right now is before the stall I got down to 256 and slowly I've been creeping back up. I've gone all the way back up to 265! It is so absolutely frustrating. The stall has lasted like 2 weeks now possibly longer I haven't really been weighing in as often but the weight gain is very disconcerting. I wouldn't have a problem if it was like maybe 2 pounds or so or even just sticking at the same weight but to have gone up 9 pounds just seems ridiculous. I don't know what to do! Does anyone have any suggestions or has this happened to anyone else? It seems crazy that weight is coming on this early and in such a high amount.

HW: 319 SW: 292 CW: 204.0

poet_kelly
on 2/22/14 12:02 am - OH

Stalls are normal and it's also normal for your weight to fluctuate a bit but gaining nine pounds seems a bit odd at this early stage.  Are you retaining water?  Are you sure about your calorie intake?  Are you getting much exercise?  If it continues to go up, I'd go see your doc.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

JenniPenny
on 2/22/14 2:52 am - MN

Are you suppose to be getting in that many calories per day? When I was 2 months out I was getting in about 200-250. I didn't do protein drinks (as per my doc) so those on supplemental

liquids are allowed a bit more calories per day. I didn't get to 900 calories until 9 months out. (300 @ 3 months, 600 @ 6 months 900@9months and 1200 for one year out and beyond.)

At 2 months out I was only able to get protein in per meal - that lasted until 10-12 months out. I only had a bite or two of veggies during that time. My meals were protein only or protein

forward. check if this is the amounts you're to be on at this point. fruits are high in sugar and can tip the scales. Make sure you're getting all your protein (64+gms per day), a ton of water

and exercise. the scale goes up if we take in more than we're burning off but it levels out later on. We do have ups and downs but check you're doing everything right so you don't

have the frustration. I know gaining my weight it went in spurts and so did my losing. Hang in there.

Jen 13 yrs out RNY

kbinaz
on 2/22/14 12:20 pm

200-250 calories a day?!?!  You can get that just from drinking 2 protein drinks!  I never ate that few calories, even at two weeks post op.  

Justcallmesuz
on 2/22/14 1:12 pm
RNY on 05/08/13

I'm 9 months out and struggle to get in 900 calories a day. There is no way I could have done that at 2-3 months!

HW~278

CW~131

GW~160

Lethy
on 2/22/14 2:22 pm
RNY on 09/10/13 with

I agree that 900 calories is too much so early on. I can't do that now at 5 months. Protein rich foods don't usually have that much calories.  Good luck I know it is frustrating.  Definitely speak with your doctor. 

Most Active
Recent Topics