Whole wheat crackers

queenbmamafranks
on 2/23/14 7:35 am
RNY on 12/19/13

My plan says I can have whole wheat crackers now. Anyone have a suggestion as to what brand is best? I won't eat them every day but would like to have the option.

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 2/23/14 8:01 am - OH

Whole grain crackers are a much better choice than just whole wheat crackers (which often aren't any better nutritionally than plain white flour crackers, just as soft wheat breads aren't any better than your average soft white bread). 

I like the Kashi brand whole grain crackers,  Special K also makes a mixed whole grain cracker that is a bit smaller.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

queenbmamafranks
on 2/23/14 9:46 am
RNY on 12/19/13

Thanks for the suggestions!

jenorama
on 2/23/14 8:03 am - CA
RNY on 10/07/13

There are whole wheat saltine rounds that are pretty tasty. I'll have a few with boiled egg, chicken salad or some hummus. Mmmm...hummus...

Jen

queenbmamafranks
on 2/23/14 9:47 am
RNY on 12/19/13

Mmmmm. Hummus. Not sure when I can add that. Love the roasted red pepper one. I hope I still like it.

poet_kelly
on 2/23/14 10:09 am - OH

I would think you could have it now.  It's a pureed food.  If you can eat crackers, you should be able to eat pureed chickpeas.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

southernpeachnc
on 2/23/14 9:25 am

My NUT suggested Wheat Thins to me.  I loved them but I tried them now after the surgery and I don't like them.  For some reason they taste sweet to me and not in a good way.  I guess it's because of the surgery. I'm gonna try the ones mentioned above.

Can't Never Did Nothin !!  

queenbmamafranks
on 2/23/14 9:49 am
RNY on 12/19/13

I'm much more taste sensitive to sweet. I took a bite of mashed potatoes the other day at a restaurant and they tasted sweet to me. No one else thought so...

Dcgirl
on 2/23/14 10:42 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Hey there :) Since I'm a low-carber, I have been eating cheese crisps instead of crackers. I know I miss the crunch of a cracker, so the cheese crisps help with that! Also, dill pickles add crunch to my diet :) looks like you got some good suggestions above, if you do decide to go with crackers. 

queenbmamafranks
on 2/23/14 8:03 pm
RNY on 12/19/13

Yes, I do love the cheese crisps. I need to get me some pickles. Can't wait until I can add snacks. Pickles will def be on the snack list!

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 31 replies · 219 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 258 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 306 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 266 views