the name of the hair loss after surgery p

Neaucora
on 3/4/14 3:43 am - AZ
RNY on 04/23/12

I am trying to look up the hair loss caused by the surgery. I cannot remember the name. ugh. I tried a search on here, which I have not done in a while, and found lots of arguments over hair loss being caused by the nutrient loss. I need the  name of it caused by the gas they use that puts us under for surgery and causes the hair follicles to sleep which results in our hair loss starting approx it the fourth month after surgery.  thank you guys!!         

poet_kelly
on 3/4/14 3:47 am - OH

Telogen effluvium.  But it's hair loss resulting from any kind of trauma to the body, not just caused by anesthesia.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Neaucora
on 3/4/14 3:50 am - AZ
RNY on 04/23/12

thank you Kelly!  And i did not know that. =)

shirlann
on 3/4/14 7:03 am
RNY on 10/16/13

I am in my 5th month and I have lost so much hair for the past 3 months! When will this stop? I am so afraid it won't grow back because my hair was thinning before surgery. 

poet_kelly
on 3/4/14 7:14 am - OH

Hair loss caused by telogen effluvium usually lasts about three months.  If you were experiencing hair loss prior to surgery, though, then that was caused by something else.  When it will stop, or if it will stop, depends on the cause.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

ShadowHR
on 3/4/14 9:53 am - WI
RNY on 04/04/13

I am 10 months post op and still lose a tremendous amount of hair daily.  Lots of new growth is visible around my hairline.  Sine my hair has always been thick, the biggest issue is "hair everywhere".  Everyone is different, that is the good news!

Surgery Weight 245

Most Active
Recent Topics