Waiting...

Thinknthin
on 3/7/14 12:36 am

Request for surgery was sent out 👏 the morning of the 4th to cigna. I am not trying to be patient and not call every hour. Please tell me how long before I can make a call to check on the status. And should I call before the weekend or wait until first thing Monday? 

Cnallen04
on 3/7/14 12:44 am - lake in the hills, IL

wait till monday. I remember how hard it was to wait, but give em a bit more time. you may end up getting yourself flustered. good luck!!

jefferytmc
on 3/7/14 1:42 am

If it was sent out on the 4th, definitely no need to call yet.

The shortest time I have heard of in terms of commitment was like 9 days.  I think my wife's took about a week and mine took somewhere along those lines.

It is not likely that you can speed up the process.

My surgeon's office said (Aetna is my insurance) that the insurance company goes in order of when the surgeries are scheduled.  Do you have a tentative date scheduled?

I know it is hard to plan like this, but it is part of the process and assuming you have jumped through all the hoops, it will happen.

HW: 440.5  RNY 2/18 (Feb - 27, Mar -21, Apr -11, May -15.5, Jun - 12, Jul -14.5, Aug -9, Sept -11, Oct 6.2)

Thinknthin
on 3/7/14 1:58 am

My tentative date is 3/31

jefferytmc
on 3/7/14 2:56 am

Oh, then you have plenty of time.

Congrats and best of luck.

HW: 440.5  RNY 2/18 (Feb - 27, Mar -21, Apr -11, May -15.5, Jun - 12, Jul -14.5, Aug -9, Sept -11, Oct 6.2)

southernpeachnc
on 3/7/14 4:25 am

I am with Cigna.  Before I proceeded I called them and was told they would pay.  Later when the hospital checked for the approval process which was under 2 wk prior to surgery they said they would not approve unless I got a 2nd opinion from another doctor.  They rushed me down to see another doctor and I was approved about 4 days later in time for my surgery.  

Can't Never Did Nothin !!  

Thinknthin
on 3/7/14 5:28 am

I have 2 family/ primary care doctor clearance/recommendation letters. I even have a gyn letter in there, on top of the required phsyc, dietitian, and supervised diet and  exercise info, I hope they done ask for anymore than that.  

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 199 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 256 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 304 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 265 views