4 Months out... Son brought the flu home...

Jen M.
on 3/11/14 1:15 am - Houston, TX
RNY on 11/07/13

I feel like 'hot garbage'.  Luckily, I haven't thrown up but it's coming out he other end and I feel awful... I'm trying to make sure I stay hydrated but I don't feel like eating or drinking anything... Any tips or suggestions on how to feel a little better and staying hydrated?

MarilynDee
on 3/11/14 1:37 am

I hate the bug! I get the flu shot every year to help prevent the worst of i****er, ice chunks baby sips. Good luck and feel better, DeeW

siberiancat
on 3/11/14 1:50 am - COLUMBIA CITY, IN

I would have some liquid protein (cold) in a sippy cup or with a straw and take sips every 15 minutes or so.  Stay hydrated, get protein in and rest.  Over the counter diarrhea remedies are OK, but your body is trying to rid itself of the virus/bacteria and you want to let it get out.

Hoping you will be better soon, Penny

Penny
Highest Weight 255  * Wt loss includes 19 lb lost before surgery

Jen M.
on 3/11/14 3:32 am - Houston, TX
RNY on 11/07/13

Everyone in the house got the flu shot this year.  I work in a hospital, so it's mandatory.  But I'm hoping resting and taking in as much fluids as possible will help.  I keep hearing my stomach gurgling and can't figure out if it's the pouch or the other one.  Just not thrilled about it either way.  I have only thrown up twice since surgery due to eatting something dry and it getting stuck... but my son was dry heaving Sunday afternoon when he had nothing left to purge and he was in pain... I can't imagine how that would feel with having such a small stomach now.  I just hope it doesn't come down to that. 

jensieck76
on 3/11/14 9:43 am - TX

I am 10 months out and got sick this weekend for the first time. Strep throat for me! Started Friday night and just got really bad really fast. On day 4 of my zpak still feel like doodoo! Feel better soon!

For I can do everything through Christ, who gives me strength. Phillipians 4:13 laugh

CW 190!!! GW Anything under 200 was the icing on the cake...going for 170...lil more icing never hurt anybody!

Most Active
Recent Topics