help

jageneva
on 3/18/14 9:37 am

So a week from today I am scheduled to have my gallbladder out. In a lot of pain cause its full of gallstones. My problem is my surgeon told me to eat very bland foods. The past two days however I haven't been able to keep anything down. Seems like everything is aggravating it. Anyone been throug it and can give me ideas. I just need to make it one more week.

KellyC210
on 3/18/14 10:11 am - SC

Good luck to you. I just had my gallbladder out yesterday. I experienced the nauseau and such before surgery as well, and was basically back to a liquid diet over the weekend. Mostly chicken and beef broth.

I hope it all goes well for you, and feel better soon!

Life is a journey, not a destination.

karin602
on 3/18/14 10:12 am - MD
RNY on 07/30/13

You should probably talk to the doc who is doing the surgery. You may need to get your gall bladder out now rather than wait. When I had mine out it was pre run and once the surgeon saw the pain I was in he got it out within a couple of days and on his normal day off.

Karin

Gail S.
on 3/18/14 10:21 pm - New York, NY

Sorry to hear you are in so much pain. When I experienced gall bladder pain, the only things I could eat were saltines and broth. Not very healthy, but that was all I could handle. It was all better after surgery, so you have that to look forward to. Best of luck!

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 333 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 371 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 333 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 21 replies · 225 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 7 replies · 101 views
Recent Topics