Hello from Shanghai!

jenorama
on 3/24/14 4:14 am - CA
RNY on 10/07/13

I'm in Shanghai for the week on business. This is the first time I've flown since surgery in October and it was great!  I flew United business class and I fit in my little pod seat with room to spare!  When I was packing, I ALMOST brought my seatbelt extender, but I forced myself to put it back into my sock drawer. I did not need it and had some slack to take in. :) The last time I flew was RT from San Jose to New York last May and I spent that whole flight completely unable to relax and feeling terrible for my seat mate. I have a regular coach flight coming up in May--that will be the real test!

This trip is my first business class experience and holy cow, do they feed you!  Before we took off, we were handed a menu. Warm nuts, starter, salad, entree, cheese/fruit/crackers, AND ice cream!  That's a lot of food!  I skipped the nuts, starter and salad, ate the beef part of the Mongolian beef (on a huge bed of rice), had a few bites of cheese with some grapes and turned down the ice cream. The skinny guy across the aisle ate all of it. Memories...

It is purely wonderful to look forward to travel again. The world is completely open to me!  Yay surgery!

Jen

H.A.L.A B.
on 3/24/14 7:09 am

Have fun... watch for too many carbs and gas.. specially when yo on business...

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

PetHairMagnet
on 3/24/14 9:08 am
RNY on 05/13/13
On March 24, 2014 at 11:14 AM Pacific Time, jenorama wrote:

I'm in Shanghai for the week on business. This is the first time I've flown since surgery in October and it was great!  I flew United business class and I fit in my little pod seat with room to spare!  When I was packing, I ALMOST brought my seatbelt extender, but I forced myself to put it back into my sock drawer. I did not need it and had some slack to take in. :) The last time I flew was RT from San Jose to New York last May and I spent that whole flight completely unable to relax and feeling terrible for my seat mate. I have a regular coach flight coming up in May--that will be the real test!

This trip is my first business class experience and holy cow, do they feed you!  Before we took off, we were handed a menu. Warm nuts, starter, salad, entree, cheese/fruit/crackers, AND ice cream!  That's a lot of food!  I skipped the nuts, starter and salad, ate the beef part of the Mongolian beef (on a huge bed of rice), had a few bites of cheese with some grapes and turned down the ice cream. The skinny guy across the aisle ate all of it. Memories...

It is purely wonderful to look forward to travel again. The world is completely open to me!  Yay surgery!

Jen

You can request special dietary meals ahead of time and while they cannot do much with what is already on the menu (like they likely would not have been able to remove the rice on the beef) they will accommodate most reasonable requests for meals. I would have taken the nuts for a snack later, personally, unless they were sugar or candy coated. Those are one of my favorite ways to get some fat in my diet and truly enjoy it. :)

Give that seat belt extender away! 

YAY FOR YOU!

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 261 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 274 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 318 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 275 views