2 weeks post op....first case of the "foamies"!

3blackcats
on 3/25/14 8:08 am - Clifton Park, NY
RNY on 03/11/14

So, I had RNY (revision from a band) on 3/11.  Everything up until today has been fine.  A little more pain than I expected but eating and drinking fine.  Found protein shakes I like ( I mix them with almond milk) and have been on puréed foods for a week.  Sat down this morning and took my usual spoon of cottage cheese with puréed peaches and knew right away that something didn't feel right.  This is the first time I have had any sensation of any kind from my pouch.  Waited for a bit then tried drinking.  Long story short about 2 hrs later I had my first foamy.  Felt better, drank a protein shake and a while later tried to eat some puréed egg salad.  Same thing.  I guess I'll stay on liquids for a day or two and see what happens.  Hopefully just a grouchy pouchy and not the start of a stricture!

Dukemom
on 3/25/14 9:53 am
RNY on 12/17/13

Some people take longer to advance from liquids (I was one of them).  Most likely your pouch was just telling you it's not ready to move on yet.

"Perseverance, secret of all triumphs."  ~ Victor Hugo   

Highest weight:  290; Weight at Surgery:  231; Current Weight:  126 (as of most recent Sunday)

ckm82
on 3/25/14 2:09 pm
RNY on 03/17/14

What are foamies??

JJ0609
on 3/25/14 10:28 pm

Keep us posted. I hope and pray you are fine! 

“Let someone love you just the way you are – as flawed as you might be, as unattractive as you sometimes feel, and as unaccomplished as you think you are. To believe that you must hide all the parts of you that are broken, out of fear that someone else is incapable of loving what is less than perfect, is to believe that sunlight is incapable of entering a broken window and illuminating a dark room.”― Marc Hack

Ht:5'4 SW:268 CW:127.2 GW:125 RNY 06/09 Stomach/colon revision 11/13  

JenniPenny
on 3/26/14 2:29 am - MN

Never drink after eating - it will make you uncomfortable and the food will come back up. Foamies are when the pouch is too full and stuff comes back up. Go on liquids for

at least 24 hours while pouch heals from this. Most docs recommend 24 hours after puking for liquids. peaches are someties stringy-not good early out. I tried melon pureed early

out and it didn't work either. This early out only liquids of soft (cottage cheese) foods are best. After puking your pouch will be swollen and sore -don't over do it. Baby it and try again

slowly in a day or two.

jen 13 yrs post op RNY

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 172 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 251 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 303 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 262 views