stomach virus not getting any better...been 2 days

Momma1991
on 3/27/14 2:47 am - Hamilton, NJ
RNY on 04/08/13

I started getting the symptoms on Tuesday, feeling tired, nauseous until later that day the nasty D hit me..... along with chills and lower back and leg pains severe pain. No fever though. So Tuesday I didn't eat or drink anything. Late Tuesday night I thought it was over cause I went 6hrs without a problem until 6am Wednesday. Continued to have problems off and on until about 1130am Wednesday . Didn't have any issues  for 10 hours and thought it was over.....until it hit me 2 more times last night...... got some sleep and again I've ad three issues today with my nasty d..... I can seem to drink fine and eat crackers... but if its heavier then crackers I have issues.... I still gave body pains and feel weak and drained out and chills with the nasty d..... my butt is so sore that its stinging and I'm just lost at what to do........I don't remember the stomach viruses I've had in the past do this to me...... what should I do? Funny thing is no one else in the house seems to have caught it....

JJ0609
on 3/27/14 3:20 am

I hope this message finds you in better spirits.  You need to try stay hydrated with PowerAde Zero and water so you do not end up in hospital.  You may have the flu since you have body pains. I wish you well.   

“Let someone love you just the way you are – as flawed as you might be, as unattractive as you sometimes feel, and as unaccomplished as you think you are. To believe that you must hide all the parts of you that are broken, out of fear that someone else is incapable of loving what is less than perfect, is to believe that sunlight is incapable of entering a broken window and illuminating a dark room.”― Marc Hack

Ht:5'4 SW:268 CW:127.2 GW:125 RNY 06/09 Stomach/colon revision 11/13  

chulbert
on 3/27/14 3:50 am - Rochester, NY
RNY on 01/21/13

I don't think there are really any special instructions for bypass patients who get sick.  Hydrate and rest!

MyLady Heidi
on 3/27/14 4:13 am

I had the stomach flu three weeks ago, from Wednesday to Sunday I was sick, then it took me a full week to recover my fluids and start to actually be able to eat again without feeling queasy all the time, finally in the second week after I started to actually feel okay.  I haven't been sick like that in a long time.  I happen to have a doctor appt a few days after the bad part passed and she was soooo upset because I was passing ketones in my urine.  She said to eat eat eat.  I said easier said then done.  I am finally well this week, three weeks later.  It sucked.  Seriously.

Good Luck!

Another Fatone
on 3/27/14 12:12 pm - inglis, FL
RNY on 08/28/13

Several friends and family and myself had the same thing last week....here in Florida. 

Get Well Soon.

5' 11" 73 year old Male

Started 314 Now 200

Beware the Statistics Quoters

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 365 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 284 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 233 views
What's on your Monday Menu?