Still losing slowly but surely

SteveWebb
on 3/30/14 3:18 am - NC

Hello Everyone, I am now down to 223.5 this morning.  I have been in another slump but over the last few days the scales are starting to move again.  I am 1 1/2 pounds away from 70 pounds lost.  I am having issues at home with my family complaining that I seem to be obsessed with my weight loss. 

I am now refusing to discuss the issue around them.  My Wife says I don't even look like the Man she married.  I told her, " No kidding, what did you expect".  I had my insides rearranged and can't eat everything anymore like I used to, and asked her what she thought was going to happen.  My feet have shrunk and I bought new work and running shoes on Friday. 

This got her upset because I had spent money on new shoes!  She apologized last night over the whole deal but still made an issue over me talking about my weight loss or things associated with it.  It's hard for some people even though they are close to us to understand what we've been through.  If I need support I will come here to get it.  I informed my Wife that no I am no longer the same Man that I was, I look different and am learning to see myself different.  I am proud of the things I have accomplished so far and still have a ways to go.  I ran 2.6 miles on Friday evening after our argument.  I will join the gym Tuesday and plan to start group exercise classes there.  I plan to work out here at work today after I get off in the weight room here.  I hope everyone is doing well.  I will try to get on here more.

Jeremiah 29:11 " For I know the thoughts that I think towards you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end". 

ReginaPhelange
on 3/30/14 3:25 am
RNY on 02/24/14

Sending prayers your way!   Stay the course and and stay strong!  You are doing what is best for you and your family!  

RNY 2/24/14. HW 274ish. SW 259 GW 135

alaskasusan
on 3/30/14 4:28 am - AK
RNY on 02/11/13

Thanks for the update Steve, been wondering how you have been doing?  Bless you for all the work you are putting into this - I don't think non-WLS folks can quite get just how 'obsessive' we must be to be successful.  You know the weight was ALWAYS on that doggone internal tape machine of ours, it stands to reason we have switched it off now that we've done something about it.  Which means we still need to verbalize the process, if not face to face, then this is a good place for it. 

Hang in there - I had quite a few stalls on my way down and have been on one for about 7 weeks now but it WILL get moving again.  The gym is a great idea, I am in 3 classes plus working with a personal trainer now and am actually making some progress. The run after the discussion with your DW was a really good idea. 

Looking forward to hearing some good stuff for you soon ~ Bless you!

JJ0609
on 3/30/14 5:23 am

I am proud of you for your weight loss. Good luck on your future accomplishments.

“Let someone love you just the way you are – as flawed as you might be, as unattractive as you sometimes feel, and as unaccomplished as you think you are. To believe that you must hide all the parts of you that are broken, out of fear that someone else is incapable of loving what is less than perfect, is to believe that sunlight is incapable of entering a broken window and illuminating a dark room.”― Marc Hack

Ht:5'4 SW:268 CW:127.2 GW:125 RNY 06/09 Stomach/colon revision 11/13  

Laura in Texas
on 3/30/14 7:04 am

Is your wife overweight? Is she insecure now that you look "different"? I hope she is also living a more healthy lifestyle.

I agree with not talking about your weight loss (unless someone brings it up- then I always made my answers short and sweet). Share your obsession here with us.

The mental part is the hardest. I promise in a few years everyone, including yourself will be used to your new lifestyle and look and it will be a non-issue.

Until then, hang in there!! You are doing an awesome job!!

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

southernpeachnc
on 3/30/14 11:39 am

You are doing fantastic!  It sounds as though as you change and become a new man your wife doesn't know how to relate to this new person yet.  She is likely insecure about your relationship with her.  It's quite an adjustment for her I'm sure.  She probably has fears that you may alter the relationship but she can't express that fear to you.  She's "reacting" with frustration and then apologizing.

I hope you both can find ways to connect to the new you in a healthy way.  Hang in there and enjoy your journey. 

Can't Never Did Nothin !!  

Grim_Traveller
on 3/30/14 1:58 pm
RNY on 08/21/12

A lot of people complain that they lose friends after surgery because they are "jealous" of their weight loss. I think the real reason is just what you described Steve. People get really tired of listening to us, what we eat, exercise, everything. At the same time, we need to be that committed in order to succeed.

The best thing you can do is go to support meetings or come here to talk about those things.

You're doing great.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.