New here .... nervous

LeslieMJ77
on 4/1/14 2:14 am

Thank you! I dont have a support system at home so I will probably be on here often. Thanks for the kind words. 

karenp8
on 3/31/14 11:35 pm - Brighton, IL

Welcome Leslie! It is totally normal to feel nervous. This is a big step and life changing decision. The pre op diet was the worst part for me too. For the first three days I felt grumpy and tired and hungry but then I started to feel better. Make sure to follow your doctor's plan exactly,whatever it may be. There were to es at first when I wondered if I would ever feel normal again. I am 18 months out now and I feel better than normal. Gone is the back and constant knee pain that was normal before. I now have more energy than ever and walk two miles a day and ride my bike everywhere too! Hang in there--you can do this!!

LeslieMJ77
on 4/1/14 1:58 am

Thanks for the encouragement! :-) 

MaryAnn1972
on 4/1/14 2:32 am

You got this

LeslieMJ77
on 4/1/14 3:41 am

Thanks! Im certainly trying!

southernpeachnc
on 4/1/14 3:18 am

asHi Karen!  I'm 3 months out and you're feelings are on par.  For me the pre-op diet was the worst part of this whole thing.  You just need to get thru it.  You'll be out for surgery and when you awake hopefully you'll feel as I did which was joy it was over and feeling great.  From that moment on you begin your new life. Rationally you know these surgeries are now common place and complications don't happen very often at all.  Keep your eye on the prize and welcome to the losers bench! 

Can't Never Did Nothin !!  

LeslieMJ77
on 4/1/14 3:42 am

Thats encouraging to hear, coming out of surgery and yoy felt great. Im praying for a similar reaction.

TallGirlCO
on 4/1/14 3:18 am

Hi Leslie...

Congratulations on this big decision!  I am new here too.  I am scheduled for surgery on 4/7.  I look forward to hearing about your success!  Good luck...

~Rachel

LeslieMJ77
on 4/1/14 3:44 am

Good luck to you too Rachel! I hope to see ya around here. Please update on your surgery and post op. Best wishes to ya! 

dragonlove
on 4/1/14 10:50 am
RNY on 11/20/13

Hang in there Leslie!  It is normal to be scared.  Honestly, I don't know how anyone could have the surgery and NOT be scared.  Just remember the study and planning you did before deciding to have it done and trust your decision.

I'm 4 months out and really, you probably won't be hungry at all after the surgery - most people are not during the honeymoon period.  I didn't have a pre-op diet, but from what I have seen posted, it is a much bigger battle with hunger than after surgery.  

The main thing for you now is to make sure you are totally familiar with your surgeon's eating plan after surgery - how long on fluids, how long pureed, and how long soft. Every surgeon does things a little bit different so don't panic if you read something different on here.  You should always be able to call them and ask questions.

Be aware that you probably won't have the same feeling of fullness after eating once you have surgery.  Personally, I get a feeling of a knot right where my pouch is and I will often get the hiccups. Other people have a different sensation, but expect that you will not be experiencing the same bloated stuffed tummy feeling after eating so don't go searching for it.  Pay attention to your surgeon's measurements and how often you are supposed to eat. 

Good luck and hang in there!  Feel free to ask me any questions you like.

Pam (RNY: 11/20/2013)

Most Active
Recent Topics