A slew of wholesome NSVs!

Louise1974
on 4/7/14 9:53 am

I am all about the wholesome family fun this week.  Took the kids to a bouncy house place.  My littlest scampered up the big climbing wall but was then afraid to go down the (really scary really steep slide) so I just threw off my boots and climbed in there and rescued the poor babe.  Let me tell you, no way no how would I have done that one hundred pounds ago.  No way!  i don't know what I would have done but no way would my body have been able to go up that wall.  I zipped up there and cuddled her up and went down the slide with her.  It was so fun I went and bought my own ticket and spent the next two hours enjoying my unlimited bounces.  Awesome!

And then I decided that the kids were old enough for Twister!  I found a used game at a rummage sale and holy toledo.  I don't think I have ever played Twister.  I think I was always so physically uncomfortable that I never played.  Well, I love Twister, I am great at Twister, I want to play everyday. 

Being skinny hasn't solved all my problems or made me look like a model but it has sure allowed me to do stuff I never even considered before. 

I am eagerly awaiting the day when my little ones will be big enough for a high ropes course!

Cunning_Pam
on 4/7/14 10:29 am
RNY on 12/18/13

Holy cow, I don't think any amount of weight loss would entice ME onto a high ropes course! You are obviously as daredevil as your kids; good for you!

And congratulations on all those NSVs. Your joy at your newfound physicality really comes through in your post, and it's beautiful! I'm so glad you're enjoying all these activities with your kiddos, and I wish you many more games of Twister and visits to the bouncy house.

Surgery: RNY on 12/18/2013 with Jay M. Snow, MD            "Don't mistake my kindness for weakness." - Robert Herjavec, quoting Al Capone

Naomi P.
on 4/7/14 8:25 pm
RNY on 04/21/14

So glad you are enjoying life. Good for you   !!!!!

•  

Patm
on 4/7/14 10:54 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Sounds like you are having a lot of fun with your ids. I like the high ropes course. Mine included zip lining. By the way I am 62. You are never too old to have fun

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 163 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 248 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 302 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 261 views