I am so excited I will be a year out tomorrow!!!

Momma1991
on 4/7/14 10:07 am - Hamilton, NJ
RNY on 04/08/13

Tomorrow will be a year since I had surgery! A year ago my life changed for the healthier. Last year I was 282 pounds. Today I stand at 140. That is over 140+ pounds I have lost.  I did have a hard journey. I have suffered for months at a time with kidney stones,  a blood clot in my lung, I still suffer from nausea every day, I get gastric pains every now and then, I have had a hernia that needed surgery, had to have my gallbladder removed and more.  I had to have over 7 hospital stays. 4 surgeries. I still do miss eating ice cream and candy and regular soda and cookies, that will never change but its hard to resist a temptation but I know it will cause me to get sick and thats good enough for me to leave it alone.  I have lost my hair and my nails stopped growing  and did have some drops into my vitamin levels but it seems okay now.  I am very proud of where I am now!

(deactivated member)
on 4/7/14 11:55 am

Congratulations! You have come such a long way!! Thank you for being honest about your experience and for keeping it real. Many of us need to be reminded of the things that can happen after surgery, including the cravings that still will haunt us afterwards. Good job resisting those goodies! I have not yet had my surgery, but what works for me is to remind myself that I have had those things, I know what they taste like, it will only give me a moment of happiness, and the guilt will definitely not be worth it. After the surgery, we risk pain and sickness with those things.

Best wishes with your continued success and cheers to better health in the future!

JA
on 4/7/14 8:54 pm - East Haven, CT

Congrats to you on your tremendous success!

JJ0609
on 4/7/14 11:10 pm

Congratulations on your surgiversary and 142 lb. weight loss! I pray that the next year is easier on your health.  

“Let someone love you just the way you are – as flawed as you might be, as unattractive as you sometimes feel, and as unaccomplished as you think you are. To believe that you must hide all the parts of you that are broken, out of fear that someone else is incapable of loving what is less than perfect, is to believe that sunlight is incapable of entering a broken window and illuminating a dark room.”― Marc Hack

Ht:5'4 SW:268 CW:127.2 GW:125 RNY 06/09 Stomach/colon revision 11/13  

Cunning_Pam
on 4/8/14 12:08 am
RNY on 12/18/13

You've had a rough year, and you still managed to accomplish that weight loss? You are obviously Superwoman!    Congrats, and thank you for the wonderful inspiration!

Surgery: RNY on 12/18/2013 with Jay M. Snow, MD            "Don't mistake my kindness for weakness." - Robert Herjavec, quoting Al Capone

Momma1991
on 4/8/14 4:03 am - Hamilton, NJ
RNY on 04/08/13

Thank you everyone!!! I am so proud of myself!

karenp8
on 4/9/14 2:29 am - Brighton, IL

You have done amazing even with all your surgeries. Hopefully the next year will be a much healthier one . Congratulations!

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 289 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 295 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 334 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 286 views