15 days post op

MichellesJourney
on 4/24/14 12:03 am
RNY on 04/09/14

I am 15 days post op and feeling frustrated.  I can't help but compare my weight loss with others.  I went into to surgery at 261 I left surgery at 273 it took me 8 days to get to my surgery weight.  I am now 252.  I feel like others have lost more weight at 15 days out, and I feel like I am a slow looser.  I have followed doctors plan to the T.   Am I just being unrealistic and wining for no reason?  Thought I would share my feelings today.  

Cunning_Pam
on 4/24/14 12:39 am
RNY on 12/18/13

To answer your question: Yes. Hey, you asked! 

Seriously, though, think about it. In 15 days you've lost 21 pounds. If you want to discount the water weight from the hospital completely, then you've lost 9 pounds in 7 days! In what universe can that be considered slow losing? None!

You are doing fine. Most likely you are feeling more sensitive thanks to just having been through major surgery in addition to possibly feeling the effects of hormone dumping as your body begins losing weight in earnest. It's an emotional time, but don't let your emotions rule your head. Your progress so far is great! Stick to the plan like you have been, and it's all downhill (for your weight, at least) from here!

Surgery: RNY on 12/18/2013 with Jay M. Snow, MD            "Don't mistake my kindness for weakness." - Robert Herjavec, quoting Al Capone

CerealKiller Kat71
on 4/24/14 12:40 am
RNY on 12/31/13

Yes, you are being unrealistic.

"What you eat in private, you wear in public." --- Kat

MichellesJourney
on 4/24/14 1:17 am
RNY on 04/09/14

Thank you both for your replies.  I am going to work on these emotions and be proud of what I have done so far.  Have a great day!!!

CerealKiller Kat71
on 4/24/14 1:27 am
RNY on 12/31/13
On April 24, 2014 at 8:17 AM Pacific Time, MichellesJourney wrote:

Thank you both for your replies.  I am going to work on these emotions and be proud of what I have done so far.  Have a great day!!!

Great!!  You should be proud.  You've lost a significant amount of weight while recovering from major surgery!!  

"What you eat in private, you wear in public." --- Kat

Patm
on 4/24/14 2:03 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

As you shed weight your emotions will be all over the place at first. You stored hormones in the fat and it is now being dumped into you system. Try to give yourself time to adjust.
If you are following your doctors plan the weight will come off.

poet_kelly
on 4/24/14 3:36 am - OH

Yes, you're being unrealistic.  You say you "feel like" others have lost more weight at 15 days out.  Well, some have, some haven't.  You say you "feel like" you are a slow loser.  Well, it's way too soon to know if you are or aren't.  Perhaps if you start looking at facts instead of what you "feel like" you'll be less frustrated.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

tdbull
on 4/24/14 2:04 pm - WA
RNY on 08/13/13
I know it's hard, but please relax. Take it easy on yourself. You are doing great. I felt EXACTLY the same way. I had gained weight post, started comparing my losses to others, and drove myself crazy. Just follow your plan and you will succeed. Also keep in. Ind your emotions and hormones may be out of whack and this can cause you to feel frustrated, depressed, and maybe even have buyers remorse. These are normal reactions for many of us. Let us know how you're doing a month from now. You'll be singing a whole different song. I only weighed myself once a week so I didn't get so crazy. This helped keep me calmer. You got this. Stay the course!!

Lapband surgery in 2009 -  Revision to RNY August 13, 2013 with gallbladder removal.

HW - (260)   SW - (197)   GW - (135), updated on 1-2-14 to 125lbs  HT 5'5"  Goal reached 3/2/14-revised goal to 120 on 3/9/14   reached 4/6/14             

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 0 replies · 2 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 242 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 297 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 255 views