Brachioplasty/Arm Lift Question (if you have had one)

Sherrie P.
on 5/3/14 1:43 pm
RNY on 02/06/13

I am posting this to Plastics forum as well - but we are so much more active!

If you had your arms done, whi*****ision site did your doc use? Are you happy with the results?

Revision Lapband to RNY 2-6-2013   HW: 286  Pre-Op Diet: 277  Surgery Day: 265  Goal: 155  CW: 155

Plastic surgery 8/28/2014: Brachioplasty, mastopexy, & abdominoplasty.

Plastic surgery 1/27/2015: Butt Lift

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 5/3/14 3:16 pm - OH

My surgeon places the incision in the natural "valley" between the muscles on the inner part of the arm.  That is where they are least visible.  Yes, I am very happy with the results.

Please do NOT allow a surgeon to put the incision down the back of the arm so it is visible to everyone walking behind you!  A woman I met a couple of years ago had hers done that way and they look terrible!  She said her surgeon always does it that way, but I cannot imagine why...

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Laura in Texas
on 5/3/14 10:32 pm

I'm with Lora on this. Mine are on my inner arm. Not visible from the back. Only visible if I wave my arms around, which is not often. No one has ever mentioned my scars to me. I've seen many people with them on the back of the arm. VERY visible from behind. I would not have been happy with that.

I am extremely happy with my results. I get compliments from all the stepford-wives in my neighborhood. 

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

CerealKiller Kat71
on 5/4/14 12:28 am
RNY on 12/31/13
On May 4, 2014 at 5:32 AM Pacific Time, Laura in Texas wrote:

I'm with Lora on this. Mine are on my inner arm. Not visible from the back. Only visible if I wave my arms around, which is not often. No one has ever mentioned my scars to me. I've seen many people with them on the back of the arm. VERY visible from behind. I would not have been happy with that.

I am extremely happy with my results. I get compliments from all the stepford-wives in my neighborhood. 

LOL, at the "step ford wives" ...

"What you eat in private, you wear in public." --- Kat