diarrea and gas for 3 days......normal?

Momma1991
on 5/7/14 1:54 am - Hamilton, NJ
RNY on 04/08/13

Monday morning I started with diarrhea with gas. Its explosive diarrhea. My stomach makes rumbling sounds and there I go running to the bathroom. I don't feel sick or anything. But I am starting to get drained out and weak. I'm drinking water but I guess I'm getting dehydrated. Is this normal? Oh taking imoudium doesn't stop it either......

jpm
on 5/7/14 2:18 am

HOw far out are you from your surgery?  I am just passed 2 weeks and that first week or so I had the same issues so I would say it is normal if you just recently had surgery.  I was very tired and week for the first full week after surgery and each day it became better and better.  Keep up your fluids and try to get as much of your protein in as you can.  I think that is what helped me the most, along with the fluids.  Good Luck!
Jaq

Toni4321
on 5/7/14 2:30 am

I am 3 weeks post op and the same thing happened to me this week for several days.  I just kept up my water and I'm fine now.  Hope you feel better soon.

JenniPenny
on 5/7/14 3:40 am - MN

My doc allowed Ammodium AD early out - you can take it as often as it says or check with your doc. You can dilute Gatorade so you don't get dehydrated. Sips of that have electolytes in it and it will

replace what you've lost. Are you eating anything new? anything with something added you can't tolerate yet? Check labels. When I ate crackers once they had palm oil in them and I got sick too. Check your

milk intake =you may have become lactose intolerant, any fats or oils in your diet? See what you're eating and make changes where necessary, call the doc if it continues. Hope you feel better soon.

Jen 12 yrs post op RNY

undercontruction
on 5/7/14 7:27 am

Hey I'm a week out and the gas pain in my stomach and the rumbling was the worst but honey it does get better thank god u do have diariah u r body is releasing the gas and poop keep your head up and stay hydrated.....

Manny32
on 5/7/14 9:35 am - miami, FL
RNY on 04/08/14

same thing happened to me 2 or 3 week out of the surgery but now im ok , i guess its normal.

Most Active
Recent Topics
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 0 replies · 3 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 291 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 297 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 336 views