Insurance submitted and Introducing myself

Tony K.
on 5/20/14 11:55 am - WA
RNY on 06/24/14

Hello everyone,

I want to take this opportunity to introduce myself.  I've been lurking on the boards for 6 months now.  I'm male, 46 years old,  BMI 44.  I've had a heart attack and bypass surgery, sleep apnea and a history of DVT's and PE's.     I want to thank all the folks who have contributed here.  I have found this site to be a treasure of information and I feel very well prepared for my WLS thanks to you.  

I completed my 6 month medically supervised weight loss program earlier this month and my insurance was just submitted to Premera Blue Cross.  I'm having gastric bypass and my surgeon Jeffery Hunter at Virginia Mason Medical Center in Seattle.  

I've spend a lot of time researching WLS and I feel like I know what's ahead of me.  Right now I'm feeling a weird mix of excitement and nervousness.  

Tony

Karen518
on 5/20/14 11:58 am

Welcome and best wishes for a smooth surgery and recovery.  I know RNY was the best decision I've made in a very long time.  I hope it works out well for you too.

Toni4321
on 5/20/14 1:02 pm

Good luck on your upcoming surgery!

Zeigled
on 5/20/14 11:44 pm - Parkton, MD

Welcome to the forum...post with questions or concerns or your experience.

HW 357 SW 341   

karenp8
on 5/21/14 1:12 am - Brighton, IL

Welcome Tony! Your emotions are totally normal but I am sure you will do just fine. It's a bit scary as it's a big change but in the end is so worth it!

Kimberly K.
on 5/21/14 11:16 am
RNY on 03/21/14

Yep, the best decision I have made as well. I feel so much better already and am 2 months post op. Welcome aboard! Everyone on here is awesome and feel free to ask questions.

Kim K.    

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 344 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 25 replies · 190 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 373 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 339 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 22 replies · 268 views