extreme fatigue

new_me180
on 5/22/14 11:47 am - Kitchener, Canada
RNY on 10/24/13

I'm just two days shy of the seven month mark and have been feeing very good after the initial set backs. Been going to the gym 5 days a week, eating right and basically doing what i'm supposed to do. I am even able to eat a little more, from 450 cals, i'm now up to 660 cals and regularly hitting my protein goals. I just noticed that in the last week, i've been feeling a little fatigued for some reason. I'm not bouncing of the walls like i was doing a month ago and any kind of movements hurt. Initially i put it up to the new exercises the trainer  had me do but, after four weeks, i think my muscles should be adjusted by now. My six months labs were all good bar the low bit A+D. Arrgg!! I hate feeling like this, any thoughts or suggesting would be welcome.

Thanks

poet_kelly
on 5/22/14 12:08 pm - OH

How low was your vitamin D?  Low D can cause fatigue and joint and/or muscle pain.

You may need more calories, especially if you're working out much.  660 calories is very low.

Other than that, if the fatigue and pain continues for another couple of weeks, I'd see your doc.  It could just be a minor illness or something that will go away on its own, though.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

new_me180
on 5/22/14 12:50 pm - Kitchener, Canada
RNY on 10/24/13

I think my vitamin D was the one that was 26 and was instructed to take a supplement, which i have been taking the chewables daily. As for the calories, reaching to 660 is quite an achievement for me. I've just manage to take in that much only within the last month after so many hospitalizations in the beginning and the recent one being in March. I am hoping to work up to 700 cals in the next month and for some reason, i seem to run out of time to eat during the day, lol. The good news is i tolerate everything within my plan including grains, beans and all meats and i do get a variety of foods. The bad news is that my portions are still a bit small and i need to work on that.

I was contemplating on calling the doc but, i held off till next week and i will for sure call if not better. It could be a virus as well or allergies but, i've never had bad allergies to begin with. Thanks Kelly, I always appreciate the advise you give.

poet_kelly
on 5/22/14 1:07 pm - OH

You might want to try adding a protein shake.  A bit more protein and calories might help, especially if you're working out a lot, which it sounds like you are.  You need protein, lots of it, to build muscle.  If you're burning lots of calories but not taking in enough to build muscle, you'll be losing muscle, which will make you feel weak and tired.

How much vitamin D3 are you taking now?  Getting that level up may help but my first guess would be that you need more calories with your current activity level.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

new_me180
on 5/22/14 4:55 pm - Kitchener, Canada
RNY on 10/24/13

I think you might be right on the increase in calories. I'm surely trying and getting there slowly. I think i also have a phobia about regaining the weight and has been subconsciously limiting my calories to a certain amount. I'm trying to work through this and have addressed it with the NUT and the clinic. I just have it stuck in my mind that lower calories equals greater weight loss. I guess it kinda doesn't work like that because i'm not losing vast amounts of weight that i'm expecting any faster. I forgot to mention bruising as well. I've noticed some bruises from time to time and not sure if it's from a knock. I just put it down to having less padding. What would be a normal appropriate caloric intake this far out if you don't mind, just for some guiding?

As for the D3, I take 2000 IU each day. My doc is kinda hesitant to go beyond that for now until i check my blood work in July. 

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 348 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 237 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 340 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 22 replies · 270 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 7 replies · 108 views
Recent Topics