Most amazing, heavenly, scrumptious, delicious food that I have ever eaten YUM!...

Blackbird1987
on 5/28/14 7:51 am

This is my favorite thing that I have eaten yet or made since surgery 3mo ago. I made this for my honey and I tonight and I just ate the Ricotta and sauce out of the shells and it was PHENOMENAL. All homemade :) YUM! I made some changes to the recipe and added garlic powder and italian seasoning to the cheese mixture. I also left out the onions in the sauce because I didn't have any but it was AMAZING! YUM! I also cooked some spicy italian sausage for my fiance (I may have some bites later tonight) Enjoy! 

FILLING:

• 1/2 cup fat-free egg substitute or 2 eggs
  • 1 container (15 ounces) non-fat ricotta cheese
  • 2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella
  • 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
  • 2 teaspoons dried parsley leaves
  • 2 teaspoons no-salt herb and garlic seasoning mix
  • 24 jumbo pasta shells, cooked and drained

SAUCE:

• 1/4 cup onion, grated
    2 tablespoons butter
    1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    2 garlic cloves, crushed
    1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
    1/4 teaspoon sugar
    1 tablespoon olive oil
    2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped

SAUCE: Melt butter in saucepan over medium heat. Add 1/4 cup grated onion. Saute 2 minutes. Add oregano and 1/2 tsp salt. Cook with stirring 3 minutes until onions begin to brown. Add crushed garlic. Cook 30 seconds. Add crushed tomatoes and sugar. Turn heat to high and cook with stirring until simmering. Turn heat to medium low. Simmer 10 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in olive oil and basil. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve over pasta.

1. Place egg substitute, ricotta cheese, mozzarella cheese, Parmesan cheese, parsley and seasoning mix in KitchenAid® Stand Mixer bowl. Attach bowl and flat beater to mixer. Turn to Speed 2 and mix about 30 seconds, or until combined.

2. (I put it all into a bag and cut the corner to pipe into the shells) Fill each shell with 2 to 3 tablespoons cheese mixture. Place filled shells in 9- x 13-inch baking pan. Pour marinara sauce over shells.

3. Cover pan with foil. Bake at 350°F for 30 to 35 minutes, or until bubbly.

I tried to post a picture but I can't figure it out! It looks YUMMY though! 

tdbull
on 5/28/14 9:29 am - WA
RNY on 08/13/13
Sounds good. What is the serving size and do you know the protein, fat, sugar and carb grams per serving? Thx for sharing.

Lapband surgery in 2009 -  Revision to RNY August 13, 2013 with gallbladder removal.

HW - (260)   SW - (197)   GW - (135), updated on 1-2-14 to 125lbs  HT 5'5"  Goal reached 3/2/14-revised goal to 120 on 3/9/14   reached 4/6/14             

Blackbird1987
on 5/28/14 12:07 pm

Hi! I apologize but I have no idea what the nutritional facts are. I found the recipe on a blog and tweaked it with lower fat ingredients etc. and I made the sauce myself from a few different homemade sauce recipes. I was sort of a mad scientist… a delicious scientist haha!

Since I am only 3mo out I get full pretty quick, I ate 3 "insides" of the shells and I was STUFFED! Delicious! 

Cunning_Pam
on 5/28/14 9:31 am
RNY on 12/18/13

I LOVE stuffed shells, despite what a pain in the butt they can be to make. There's no way I could just eat the filling without the pasta, though! I applaud your discipline.

Surgery: RNY on 12/18/2013 with Jay M. Snow, MD            "Don't mistake my kindness for weakness." - Robert Herjavec, quoting Al Capone

Blackbird1987
on 5/28/14 12:02 pm

I honestly was worried about that too but the filling is SO GOOD and the sauce is amazing… I honestly didn't miss it at all! My fiance and I were talking a lot about that, I was so satisfied! These were so easy too, I wish I would have figured out the piping in a bag trick years ago though; that saved me so much frustration! 

KennyBruin
on 5/30/14 2:52 am - MD

This does sound good!  I will try it and then post a review.

motherof5
on 5/30/14 3:25 am

This is awesome. I was thinking about my ricotta chess that i have in the fridge. I need to do something for it before it goes back. Isn't there a recipe for ricotta bake up here?

Monique

HW: 333  CW:286  GW:175

JUST STRIVING TO TAKE CONTROL!

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 268 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 280 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 322 views
What's on your Monday Menu?