What's on the menu today, RNYers?

karenp8
on 5/28/14 11:58 pm - Brighton, IL

Louise your workout plan sounds like so much fun! You go girl!!

(deactivated member)
on 5/29/14 12:44 am

Had my six month check up today and my doctor says I lost 55% of my weight so far.So it was a good morning.

B:low carb yogurt by yoplait with some berries and granola

L:Chicken with black bean salsa

S:?

Vitamins are in water is going down.Trying to add more exercise to my day.

Dinner I may chose to have pork and smashed sweet potatoes and broccoli 

Dcgirl
on 5/29/14 1:14 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

YAY 3BH!  That is so awesome!  More than halfway down in six months!  You should feel so proud!!!

Cunning_Pam
on 5/29/14 3:45 am
RNY on 12/18/13

55% of EWL already? That's AWESOME, congratulations!

Surgery: RNY on 12/18/2013 with Jay M. Snow, MD            "Don't mistake my kindness for weakness." - Robert Herjavec, quoting Al Capone

Finding_Feather
on 5/29/14 1:32 am

B: 2 oz turkey deli meat, sprinkling of shredded cheese, sliver avocado

L: 1/4 cup lean ground beef (we'll see how this goes)

D: ?

V: on track

W: trying to get more than 48oz a day, but i'm struggling

Cunning_Pam
on 5/29/14 3:45 am
RNY on 12/18/13

Keep working at it, Feather! Tha****er is SO important. It's hard now, but it gets easier in time. You can do it!

Surgery: RNY on 12/18/2013 with Jay M. Snow, MD            "Don't mistake my kindness for weakness." - Robert Herjavec, quoting Al Capone

Finding_Feather
on 5/29/14 3:51 am

I'm trying!

Dcgirl
on 5/29/14 1:41 am, edited 5/29/14 1:42 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Hi Pam!  Good morning and thanks for starting the thread!  I have had a busy day so far...I was up early, drank some Click mocha in a coffee, and was on the treadmill by 7:30.  My trainer definitely pushed me this morning - we had a 50 minute session.  Then I showered and came to the office.  I have 6,000 steps in and it's only 11:30 am woo hoo.

What am I doing on my journey...well as you know, I was very insistent on no carbs which worked for me for a few months. But now that I have kicked up my workout intensity, I am having about 50 g of carbs per day, and weight loss has not slowed.  I am not doing mashed potatoes or tortilla chips - I am doing fruit and veggies.  I guess it makes sense to have fruit and veggies in your diet and not just sit around chewing on meat ;)

Time Since Surgery: 5.5 months

B1: 2 scoops Click mocha in 10 oz of keurig french roast coffee before gym

B2: Egg white fritatta with crab, artichoke, cheddar cheese, shallots after gym

L: Chicken and shrimp in Benihana spicy mustard sauce (I could drink this sauce!)

D: Cauliflower pizza crust with 1 tbs marinara, turkey pepperoni, mozzarella (that I didn't end up eating yesterday)

S: None planned

W: 24 oz of water in and 20 oz of coffee in so far

V: First batch done

E: 20 minutes treadmill at 3.6 on random hill, 5 minutes elliptical, 45 minutes strength training

For the record, I get a pedi every 3-4 weeks year round!  Cute toes make me so happy, so I hope you enjoy it :)  My nails are a hot mess so I leave those alone.  The women at my pedicure place always ask me (quite insistently) if I want my mustache waxed.  Ummmm...I wasn't aware I had a mustache!  They sure know how to make a girl feel good lol ;)

ETA: Totals are 700 calories, 74 g protein, 28 g fat, 39 g carbs

Have a great day, all!  Love seeing your posts!

LiViAnN_mommy
on 5/29/14 3:07 am - Citrus heights, CA

You've lost 130 pounds! You have lost me when I was at my lowest! That's crazy! Keep up the good work! 

Cunning_Pam
on 5/29/14 3:44 am
RNY on 12/18/13

God, I get tired just reading about what you do in a day!  As usual your menu is inspiring, as is your exercise routine. I'm SO sore from the stuff my trainer had me do on Tuesday I'm not sure I'll be able to do those exercises again any time soon! I'm ready to stop being sore and stiff and tired as hell, when does that happen?

I'm kind of worried about the pedicure, to be honest. I haven't had one since I was diagnosed with diabetes and my feet started going numb. They're still kind of sensitive and ticklish, so I hope I don't kick my nail tech in the face or something as a reflex!  If you let them, those ladies will wax you from head to toe. Mine always asks me about my eyebrows, I make sure to keep the mustache under control whenever I go to avoid any questions! If you get the urge, look up some of Margaret Cho's routines about Korean spas, the women who go there, and the women who work there. Funny stuff, but it also explains a lot.

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 334 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 372 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 334 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 22 replies · 246 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 7 replies · 103 views
Recent Topics