What's on the menu today, RNYers?

Cunning_Pam
on 5/28/14 11:25 pm
RNY on 12/18/13

Good morning, all, and happy Thursday! I have a mani/pedi planned for today, yayy! I never thought having nice nails and toes would make me so happy, but it does. And as the first pedi of the season, now I can wear some of the cute sandals I've bought, that is if the weather warms up enough so my feet aren't freezing!

Not much to post today, I'd rather hear from you! Where are you in your journey, what are you eating, what are you doing to get your body moving, and what's going on in your life? Check in and let us know.

For me, here's the scoop: Water - Slow start this morning, only 20 ounces so far. Working on it. Supplements - Morning batch done, rest are on track. Exercise - Supposed to be a gym day today, but I may swap today's strength training with another walk in the park for today. Victuals - 

Breakfast Calories Carbs Fat Protein Sodium Sugar
Belgioioso - Fresh Mozzarella, 3 oz. 210 0 15 15 255 0  
Fruit - Blueberries - Fresh (Net Carbs), 0.5 cup 42 9 0 1 1 0  
  252 9 15 16 256 0  
Lunch
Boars Head Maple Turkey - Deli Turkey Slices, 3 ounces 105 3 1 21 660 3  
Lorraine - Lacey Swiss Cheese, 1 oz. slice (28g) 110 0 9 7 75 0  
  215 3 10 28 735 3  
Dinner
Hunts - Manwich Original Sloppy Joe Sauce, 1/4 cup 35 8 0 1 310 6  
Ground Beef - 90/10, 4 oz 200 0 12 23 70 0  
  235 8 12 24 380 6  
Snacks
Nature Sweet - Grape Tomatoes, 6 tomatoes 13 2 0 1 0 1  
Hearts of palm - Canned, 0.15 cup 6 1 0 1 93 0  
Home Made - Extra Large Hard Boiled Egg, 1 egg 80 0 6 7 80 0  
Green Beans - Steamed, 18.75 g (1 cup) 7 2 0 0 0 0  
Oil - Olive, 1 tsp 40 0 5 0 0 0  
Phormula-1 - Whey Protein, Fruit Punch, 1 level scoop (26g) 96 1 0 23 230 0  
  242 6 11 32 403 1  

Totals 944 26 48 100 1,774 10  
Your Daily Goal 1,000 38 33 138 2,300 45

Have a fabulous day, whatever it is you're doing!

Surgery: RNY on 12/18/2013 with Jay M. Snow, MD            "Don't mistake my kindness for weakness." - Robert Herjavec, quoting Al Capone

AnnyBananny
on 5/28/14 11:45 pm - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

Hey Pam, mani/pedi day sounds lovely! I'm a bit of a nail polish addict, so I do my own nails regularly, but I love, love, love a nice pedi! I've always had really nice, strong nails, so I am a little nervous about having problems with them down the road with vitamin deficiencies and all that...knock on wood I'll be able to stay on top of it!

I'm about to embark on a crazy day - summer is a very (very) busy time in a Children's Library with our summer reading program. I promote the summer programs by visiting schools, so today I'm headed to one of the local elementary schools with my song and dance! I'll literally be there from 10:30-3:30 visiting classes back-to-back. The best part is at the end of the day I'm the "special guest" at an all school assembly and I have to dress up like a "typical tourist," so I'll be busting out my socks and sandals and fanny pack (ok, I did't actually have a fanny pack I had to borrow one from a colleague). Days like this make me feel a bit like a celebrity and I'm not going to lie, I like it 

I'll be trying a Quest bar for lunch since I won't actually have more than a 5 minute brea****il the end of the assembly at 3:30. I got a few with my Netrition order to try out - hopefully I'll like it since I must say that I typically hate protein bars.

The Peanut Butter Cookie Matrix was definitely good, although it didn't sit all that well with me. Perhaps too sweet? Perhaps it's the almond milk? I'm going to try again tonight making it with water and see how that goes.

Time since surgery: 10 weeks

B: 3oz greek yogurt with 1 tablespoon wheat germ, 2oz apple sauce

S: 12oz Nectar Lemon Tea protein shake

L: Peanut butter Supreme Quest bar

Pre Work Out S: Babybel Lite

D: Eggbeater omelet with turkey sausage crumble, slice of colby jack, peppers and onions

S: Peanut Butter Cookie Matrix protein shake, made with water tonight

TOTALS: Calories 696, Protein 94, Carbs 42, Fat 21

V: started

W: on track, I have a lot with me for the show

E: water aerobics if the weather cooperates (did you know indoor pools had to close for lightning in the area because I sure didn't!) and/or elliptical!

Have a great day all, I look forward to catching up with the post later in the day.

RNY @ Temple University Hospital, Philadelphia with Dr. Tatyan Clark 3/18/2014

Dcgirl
on 5/29/14 1:28 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Anny my trainer made me do the elliptical this morning and I thought of you!  It wasn't as bad as I thought!  

Sorry the PB protein powder wasn't your fave.  I waste SO much money on random stuff that I don't end up eating/using.  Your day sounds busy - I am impressed that you are going to get the gym in after spending the whole day going class to class.  I used to love the library as a kid so I hope you can instill interest in those kids.  Reading is still a favorite hobby of mine!

Cunning_Pam
on 5/29/14 3:47 am
RNY on 12/18/13

Anny, enjoy being a celebrity to the kiddos! Librarians are awesome, I remember them helping instill a love of reading in me as a kid too. You actually can change lives, and that's amazing and cool.

Surgery: RNY on 12/18/2013 with Jay M. Snow, MD            "Don't mistake my kindness for weakness." - Robert Herjavec, quoting Al Capone

Louise1974
on 5/28/14 11:46 pm

Good morning!  It is beautiful and sunny here, just a little chilly.  Yahoo for sun!

B:  haddock fillet baked with spinach, scapes and scallions, asparagus

S:  this fish is sooo good I might make another for snack!

L:  hard boiled egg or two with asparagus/tomato/scallion/lettuce with homemade yogurt dill dressing

S:  chicken salad and an apple

D:  ham steak with dandelion greens, roasted carrots and dilly beans

I am still recovering from Monday when I made about 8000 crummy food choices.  My poor belly is still totally messed up.  I think I must have allergies or intolerances or something.  Do other people stay sick for so long after eating carbs?  It usually takes about 48-62 hours to clear my system and get back to normal if I eat dairy or gluten or corn.  I am on the fence about rice.  For some reason it is really important for me to figure out if this is just a surgery thing or if something else is going on.  i have an appt with the fancy allergist next week, thank god!  But for today I am working on eating really really clean and pounding water to try to get rid of some of this bloating. 

Exercise:  SO FUN!  Today I did my, 'I don't want to feel like exercising" plan.  I took a beautiful walk all over town and hit every hill, I did the biggest hill twice!  Then I came home, grabbed my new little razor scooter and zipped up and down the street.  There is a slight incline and it is an incredible leg workout because I am in a sustained lunge for basically the whole thing.  Then I got out my weighted hula hoop and hooped for 10 minutes.  I am learning to do tricks!  And then I did a little yoga to cool down.  Keep in mind that the scooting, hooping, and yoga was all done right outside (I like on Main st!) where god and all creation can see me.  But my house is too messy and I get grumpy and distracted in there.  Believe me when I say that in my tiny town, a grown woman scooting and hooping away causes quite a commotion.  Ha!

Have a great day everyone!

AnnyBananny
on 5/28/14 11:59 pm - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

Scooting and hooping! I loooooove it! Glad you had fun.

RNY @ Temple University Hospital, Philadelphia with Dr. Tatyan Clark 3/18/2014

Dcgirl
on 5/29/14 1:25 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Louise - your post cracked me up!  Also I am hugely impressed that you took a walk all over town by like 10 am!  Any exercise that is "fun" is great in my book!

Re: the carbs, I haven't carb-binged yet for just that reason...I feel like once I start I might not stop lol.  I am sorry you have been feeling so crappy, but hopefully the allergist can help you!  

Louise1974
on 5/29/14 9:48 am

Imagine how impressed you would have been if you realized that I had all that exercise in by 8am!!!  Something very weird is happening to my digestive system (don't ask).  And my scalp (itchy, sore, weird) and my tongue (scales, burning, red, big outrageously painful white dots) and my esophasgus (swelling shut and shedding its lining).  Something is just really off.  I am starting to think that it is all related.  If I carb binge I feel terrible but even if I eat a piece of cheese, or a slice of bread I am a mess for 36+ hours.  I was trying to figure out if it was just the carbs or it if it was more related to the dairy/grain whatever.  So I purposefully ate twizlers last week.  All for the sake of science!  So I don't think you can get any more simply carb-y than twizlers.  I felt crappy like any RNYer would but none of the stuff that happens when I eat wheat or grain or dairy.  Weird weird weird.  I don't think it is the RNY but who knows.  Hopefully the allergist can help me sort it out!

Cunning_Pam
on 5/29/14 3:46 am
RNY on 12/18/13

Louise, now I have the phrase "Hoop Scootin' Boogie" stuck in my head! Good for you for having fun while getting in your exercise, that rocks!

karenp8
on 5/28/14 11:54 pm - Brighton, IL

Beautiful sunny day here today and Lily and I are back from our walk. We did about 3 miles today and now she is napping! Will also do the bike for 20 minutes after lunch today. Water and vitamins are on track too. Post op 21 months and maintaining at 122 today. B 1/2 c steel cut oats with nuts and 1/2 banana with peanut butter L 31/2 oz deli turkey and cheese and 1/2 c cottage cheese S apple with peanut butter D 31/2 oz pork loin and 1/2 c mixed veggies S 3/4 c Greek yogurt with nuts. Hope everyone has a wonderful day!

Most Active